Обсуждение: Getting error while upgrading postgres from version 12 to 13

Getting error while upgrading postgres from version 12 to 13

От
shashidhar Reddy
Дата:
Hello,

I am in a process of upgrading postgresql from version 12 to 13 using pg_upgrdrade but I am getting error stating

 FATAL:  database files are incompatible with server
 DETAIL:  The data directory was initialized by PostgreSQL version 13
, which is not compatible with this version 12.14 (Ubuntu 12.14-1.pgdg18.04+1)

Please help me on this issue.
--
Shashidhar

Re: Getting error while upgrading postgres from version 12 to 13

От
Ron
Дата:
On 3/18/23 15:39, shashidhar Reddy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am in a process of upgrading postgresql from version 12 to 13 using
> pg_upgrdrade but I am getting error stating
>
>  FATAL:  database files are incompatible with server
>  DETAIL:  The data directory was initialized by PostgreSQL version 13
> , which is not compatible with this version 12.14 (Ubuntu 12.14-1.pgdg18.04+1)
>
> Please help me on this issue.

Show us the complete command you ran, pus all output.

--
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.

Re: Getting error while upgrading postgres from version 12 to 13

От
shashidhar Reddy
Дата:
and adding to this the following is also showing in the error, we tried changing the file permissions but still no luck
FATAL:  could not load private key file "/etc/ssl/private/ssl-cert-snakeoil.key": key values mismatch

I am in a process of upgrading postgresql from version 12 to 13 using pg_upgrdrade but I am getting error stating

 FATAL:  database files are incompatible with server
 DETAIL:  The data directory was initialized by PostgreSQL version 13
, which is not compatible with this version 12.14 (Ubuntu 12.14-1.pgdg18.04+1)

Please help me on this issue.
--
Shashidhar

--
Shashidhar

Re: Getting error while upgrading postgres from version 12 to 13

От
Tomas Pospisek
Дата:
On 18.03.23 22:24, shashidhar Reddy wrote:
> and adding to this the following is also showing in the error, we tried
> changing the file permissions but still no luck
> FATAL:  could not load private key file
> "/etc/ssl/private/ssl-cert-snakeoil.key": key values mismatch

This sounds like the private SSL key you have configured is not the
private key for the public key you have configured - they do not match.
*t

Re: Getting error while upgrading postgres from version 12 to 13

От
Tomas Pospisek
Дата:
> On Sun, Mar 19, 2023 at 2:09 AM shashidhar Reddy
> <shashidharreddy001@gmail.com <mailto:shashidharreddy001@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     I am in a process of upgrading postgresql from version 12 to 13
>     using pg_upgrdrade but I am getting error stating
>
>       FATAL:  database files are incompatible with server
>       DETAIL:  The data directory was initialized by PostgreSQL version 13
>     , which is not compatible with this version 12.14 (Ubuntu
>     12.14-1.pgdg18.04+1)
>
>     Please help me on this issue.

You have configured the postgres v12 server to use a directory where
there are data from a postgres v13 server. Evidently that can not work...
*t

Re: Getting error while upgrading postgres from version 12 to 13

От
shashidhar Reddy
Дата:
Can someone please help me with this?

and adding to this the following is also showing in the error, we tried changing the file permissions but still no luck
FATAL:  could not load private key file "/etc/ssl/private/ssl-cert-snakeoil.key": key values mismatch

I am in a process of upgrading postgresql from version 12 to 13 using pg_upgrdrade but I am getting error stating

 FATAL:  database files are incompatible with server
 DETAIL:  The data directory was initialized by PostgreSQL version 13
, which is not compatible with this version 12.14 (Ubuntu 12.14-1.pgdg18.04+1)

Please help me on this issue.
--
Shashidhar

--
Shashidhar

Re: Getting error while upgrading postgres from version 12 to 13

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 3/18/23 19:26, shashidhar Reddy wrote:
> Can someone please help me with this?

You have already been helped:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/ba59dd9b-6a87-ebff-c041-2dbcffe74a89%40sourcepole.ch

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Getting error while upgrading postgres from version 12 to 13

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата: