Обсуждение: possible proposal plpgsql GET DIAGNOSTICS oid = PG_ROUTINE_OID

possible proposal plpgsql GET DIAGNOSTICS oid = PG_ROUTINE_OID

От
Pavel Stehule
Дата:
Hi

I have a question about the possibility of simply getting the name of the currently executed function. The reason for this request is simplification of writing debug messages.

GET DIAGNOSTICS _oid = PG_ROUTINE_OID;
RAISE NOTICE '... % ... %', _oid, _oid::regproc::text;

The advantage of this dynamic access to function name is always valid value not sensitive to some renaming or moving between schemas.

I am able to separate a name from context, but it can be harder to write this separation really robustly. It can be very easy to enhance the GET DIAGNOSTICS statement to return the oid of currently executed function.

Do you think it can be useful feature?

The implementation should be trivial.

Comments, notes?

Regards

Pavel

Re: possible proposal plpgsql GET DIAGNOSTICS oid = PG_ROUTINE_OID

От
Kirk Wolak