Обсуждение: Issue with psql's create_help.pl under perlcritic

Issue with psql's create_help.pl under perlcritic

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
Hi all,

A recent system update of a Debian SID host has begun to show me this
issue:
./src/bin/psql/create_help.pl: Bareword dir handle opened at line 47,
column 1.  See pages 202,204 of PBP.
([InputOutput::ProhibitBarewordDirHandles] Severity: 5)

This issue gets fixed here as of the attached.
Comments?
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Issue with psql's create_help.pl under perlcritic

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
On 2023-01-18 We 03:50, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A recent system update of a Debian SID host has begun to show me this
> issue:
> ./src/bin/psql/create_help.pl: Bareword dir handle opened at line 47,
> column 1.  See pages 202,204 of PBP.
> ([InputOutput::ProhibitBarewordDirHandles] Severity: 5)
>
> This issue gets fixed here as of the attached.
> Comments?

Looks fine. Interesting it's not caught by perlcritic on my Fedora 35
instance, nor my Ubuntu 22.04 instance.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: Issue with psql's create_help.pl under perlcritic

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Wed, Jan 18, 2023 at 08:43:01AM -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Looks fine.

Thanks for double-checking, will apply shortly.

> Interesting it's not caught by perlcritic on my Fedora 35
> instance, nor my Ubuntu 22.04 instance.

Perhaps that just shows up on the latest version of perlcritic?  I use
1.148 in the box where this issue shows up, for all the stable
branches of Postgres.
--
Michael

Вложения