Обсуждение: what kind of hash algorithm is used by hash_bytes()?

what kind of hash algorithm is used by hash_bytes()?

От
"jacktby@gmail.com"
Дата:
jacktby@gmail.com
--------------
I can't understand the hash_bytes() func in src/backend/access/hash/hashfunc.c, it's published by a paper or others?
Can you give me some materials to study it in depth?

Re: what kind of hash algorithm is used by hash_bytes()?

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 1/2/23 08:30, jacktby@gmail.com wrote:
> jacktby@gmail.com
> --------------
> I can't understand the hash_bytes() func in src/backend/access/hash/hashfunc.c, it's published by a paper or others?
> Can you give me some materials to study it in depth?

Check out the README in:

src/backend/access/hash/

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: what kind of hash algorithm is used by hash_bytes()?

От
Julien Rouhaud
Дата:
Hi,

On Tue, Jan 03, 2023 at 12:30:27AM +0800, jacktby@gmail.com wrote:
> jacktby@gmail.com
> I can't understand the hash_bytes() func in src/backend/access/hash/hashfunc.c, it's published by a paper or others?
> Can you give me some materials to study it in depth?

It's documented at the beginning of hashfn.c.