Обсуждение: Announcing Release 15 of the PostgreSQL Buildfarm client

Announcing Release 15 of the PostgreSQL Buildfarm client

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
Changes

  * add a new script |manage_alerts.pl| that lets the user enable or
    disable alerts for an animal
    This is especially useful in the case of animals that have stopped
    running for some reason.
  * check if a branch is up to date before trying to run it
    This only applies if the |branches_to_build| setting is a keyword
    rather than a list of branches. It reduces the number of useless
    calls to |git pull| to almost zero.
  * require Perl version 5.14 or later
    This should not be a problem, as it's more than 10 years old.
  * add |--avoid-ts-collisions| command line parameter
    This is for specialized uses, and imposes a penalty of a few seconds
    per run. |run_branches.pl| already does this, so it's not required for
    normal operations.
  * run TAP tests for |src/interfaces| subdirectories
  * add amcheck and extension upgrade tests to cross version upgrade testing
  * adjust to changes in postgres code, file locations, etc.
  * assorted minor bug fixes and tweaks

The release can be downloaded from

<https://github.com/PGBuildFarm/client-code/releases/tag/REL_15> or
<https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/downloads>

Upgrading is highly recommended.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: Announcing Release 15 of the PostgreSQL Buildfarm client

От
Noah Misch
Дата:
On Sat, Dec 31, 2022 at 10:02:32AM -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>   * check if a branch is up to date before trying to run it
>     This only applies if the |branches_to_build| setting is a keyword
>     rather than a list of branches. It reduces the number of useless
>     calls to |git pull| to almost zero.

This new reliance on buildfarm.postgresql.org/branches_of_interest.json is
trouble for non-SSL buildfarm animals.
http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/branches_of_interest.txt has an exemption to
allow serving over plain http, but the json URL just redirects the client to
https.  Can the json file get the same exemption-from-redirect that the txt
file has?

Re: Announcing Release 15 of the PostgreSQL Buildfarm client

От
Noah Misch
Дата:
On Sat, Dec 31, 2022 at 10:02:32AM -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>   * check if a branch is up to date before trying to run it
>     This only applies if the |branches_to_build| setting is a keyword
>     rather than a list of branches. It reduces the number of useless
>     calls to |git pull| to almost zero.

This new reliance on buildfarm.postgresql.org/branches_of_interest.json is
trouble for non-SSL buildfarm animals.
http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/branches_of_interest.txt has an exemption to
allow serving over plain http, but the json URL just redirects the client to
https.  Can the json file get the same exemption-from-redirect that the txt
file has?

Re: Announcing Release 15 of the PostgreSQL Buildfarm client

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
On 2022-12-31 Sa 20:55, Noah Misch wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 31, 2022 at 10:02:32AM -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>   * check if a branch is up to date before trying to run it
>>     This only applies if the |branches_to_build| setting is a keyword
>>     rather than a list of branches. It reduces the number of useless
>>     calls to |git pull| to almost zero.
> This new reliance on buildfarm.postgresql.org/branches_of_interest.json is
> trouble for non-SSL buildfarm animals.
> http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/branches_of_interest.txt has an exemption to
> allow serving over plain http, but the json URL just redirects the client to
> https.  Can the json file get the same exemption-from-redirect that the txt
> file has?

I didn't realize there were animals left other than mine which had this
issue. I asked the admins some weeks ago to fix this (I don't have
privilege to do so), but have not had a response yet. The temporary
workaround is to use a list of named branches, e.g. instead of 'ALL' use
[qw(REL_11_STABLE REL_12_STABLE REL_13_STABLE REL_14_STABLE
REL_15_STABLE HEAD)]

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: Announcing Release 15 of the PostgreSQL Buildfarm client

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
On 2022-12-31 Sa 20:55, Noah Misch wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 31, 2022 at 10:02:32AM -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>   * check if a branch is up to date before trying to run it
>>     This only applies if the |branches_to_build| setting is a keyword
>>     rather than a list of branches. It reduces the number of useless
>>     calls to |git pull| to almost zero.
> This new reliance on buildfarm.postgresql.org/branches_of_interest.json is
> trouble for non-SSL buildfarm animals.
> http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/branches_of_interest.txt has an exemption to
> allow serving over plain http, but the json URL just redirects the client to
> https.  Can the json file get the same exemption-from-redirect that the txt
> file has?

I didn't realize there were animals left other than mine which had this
issue. I asked the admins some weeks ago to fix this (I don't have
privilege to do so), but have not had a response yet. The temporary
workaround is to use a list of named branches, e.g. instead of 'ALL' use
[qw(REL_11_STABLE REL_12_STABLE REL_13_STABLE REL_14_STABLE
REL_15_STABLE HEAD)]

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: Announcing Release 15 of the PostgreSQL Buildfarm client

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
On 2022-12-31 Sa 21:11, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> On 2022-12-31 Sa 20:55, Noah Misch wrote:
>> On Sat, Dec 31, 2022 at 10:02:32AM -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>>   * check if a branch is up to date before trying to run it
>>>     This only applies if the |branches_to_build| setting is a keyword
>>>     rather than a list of branches. It reduces the number of useless
>>>     calls to |git pull| to almost zero.
>> This new reliance on buildfarm.postgresql.org/branches_of_interest.json is
>> trouble for non-SSL buildfarm animals.
>> http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/branches_of_interest.txt has an exemption to
>> allow serving over plain http, but the json URL just redirects the client to
>> https.  Can the json file get the same exemption-from-redirect that the txt
>> file has?
>
> I didn't realize there were animals left other than mine which had this
> issue. I asked the admins some weeks ago to fix this (I don't have
> privilege to do so), but have not had a response yet. The temporary
> workaround is to use a list of named branches, e.g. instead of 'ALL' use
> [qw(REL_11_STABLE REL_12_STABLE REL_13_STABLE REL_14_STABLE
> REL_15_STABLE HEAD)]

Looks like this is fixed now (Thanks Magnus!), the workaround should no
longer be necessary.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: Announcing Release 15 of the PostgreSQL Buildfarm client

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата: