Обсуждение: Bug in UPDATE statement

Bug in UPDATE statement

От
Moisés Limón
Дата:
Hello,

PostgreSQL 14.4 compiled by Visual C++ build 1914, 64 bit

A bug was found in the UPDATE statement when the WHERE condition hasn't valid fields and only one valid field, the
changesare applied for all rows.

Error detected using a Function with an UPDATE statement.

Moisés Limón Ruiz

Re: Bug in UPDATE statement

От
Jaime Casanova
Дата:
On Sat, Sep 10, 2022 at 01:44:40AM -0500, Moisés Limón wrote:
> Hello,
>
> PostgreSQL 14.4 compiled by Visual C++ build 1914, 64 bit
>
> A bug was found in the UPDATE statement when the WHERE condition hasn't valid fields and only one valid field, the
changesare applied for all rows.

> Error detected using a Function with an UPDATE statement.
>
> Moisés Limón Ruiz

Hi Moisés,

Can you give a complete example of what you are describing (at least a
create table command, insert some rows and an UPDATE with the behaviour
you describe).

--
Jaime Casanova
Director de Servicios Profesionales

Bug in UPDATE statement

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата:
PostgreSQL 14.4 compiled by Visual C++ build 1914, 64 bit

A bug was found in the UPDATE statement when the WHERE condition hasn't valid fields and only one valid field, the changes are applied for all rows.

Error detected using a Function with an UPDATE statement.

This is only a bug in the code you wrote, not a bug in PostgreSQL.  The code doesn’t error because it is valid.

(Yes, I’m assuming the problem here because you’ve filed a crappy bug report about a query bug without providing a query).

David J.