Обсуждение: could not connect to server, in order to operate pgAdmin/PostgreSQL via python

could not connect to server, in order to operate pgAdmin/PostgreSQL via python

От
Alex Christian
Дата:
Hello,

I am trying to connect to postgresql using python on windows, but it throws an error message. Below I am sharing the code and error. Can you please help me out on this issue?
Thank you

Вложения

Re: could not connect to server, in order to operate pgAdmin/PostgreSQL via python

От
Paul Smith
Дата:
Is PostgreSQL listening on port 5433?

The default port for PostgreSQL is 5432

--

Paul Smith Computer Services
Tel: 01484 855800

Re: could not connect to server, in order to operate pgAdmin/PostgreSQL via python

От
Scott Ribe
Дата:
Are you actually running PG on port 5433 instead of 5432?

Is PG actually listening on 127.0.0.1 (or *)?

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com

> On Aug 27, 2022, at 11:02 AM, Alex Christian <alexchristian1198@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to connect to postgresql using python on windows, but it throws an error message. Below I am sharing the
codeand error. Can you please help me out on this issue?
> Thank you
>
> <2.png><1.png>

Re: could not connect to server, in order to operate pgAdmin/PostgreSQL via python

От
kaido vaikla
Дата:
Hi,
Check pg parameter
  1. listen_addresses
br
Kaido

On Sat, 27 Aug 2022, 21:48 Paul Smith, <paul@pscs.co.uk> wrote:
Is PostgreSQL listening on port 5433?

The default port for PostgreSQL is 5432

On 27 August 2022 19:05:14 Alex Christian <alexchristian1198@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to connect to postgresql using python on windows, but it throws an error message. Below I am sharing the code and error. Can you please help me out on this issue?
Thank you

--

Paul Smith Computer Services
Tel: 01484 855800
Vat No: GB 685 6987 53

Pl/pythonu on postgres14 ubuntu

От
koff
Дата:
Hi All,

I'm looking for tutorial to install  pl/pythonu on  ubuntu postgresql
version 14.

Does anyone have experience ?

Thanks for your help

koff

Re: Pl/pythonu on postgres14 ubuntu

От
Holger Jakobs
Дата:
Am 17.01.23 um 00:12 schrieb koff:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm looking for tutorial to install  pl/pythonu on  ubuntu postgresql
> version 14.
>
> Does anyone have experience ?
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> koff

Installing Python 3 and PostgreSQL on the machine should do.

Don't forget CREATE EXTENSION in every database (not only every server
instance) where you intend to use it.

Kind Regards,

Holger

--
Holger Jakobs, Bergisch Gladbach, Tel. +49-178-9759012

Вложения