Обсуждение: APT repository instructions

APT repository instructions

От
Tom Cassidy
Дата:
Hi,

Thanks for all the work you guys put in to maintain the deb packages
for postgres!

Is there somewhere where updates/changes to the APT repository
documentation can be submitted?

I can see various differing instructions at:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt/FAQ
https://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/README
https://salsa.debian.org/postgresql/postgresql-common/raw/master/pgdg/apt.postgresql.org.sh

From a quick glance, it looks like the instructions are out of date in
some places and could do with some updating. See
https://blog.cloudflare.com/dont-use-apt-key/ for reasons why.

In short, the gpg key symlink should be moved from
/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/ to /usr/share/keyrings/ and the
sources.list.d/pgdg.list should be updated to read:

deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/apt.postgresql.org.gpg]
https://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ $(lsb_release -cs)-pgdg main

Thanks,
Tom

Re: APT repository instructions

От
Christoph Berg
Re: Tom Cassidy
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for all the work you guys put in to maintain the deb packages
> for postgres!
>
> Is there somewhere where updates/changes to the APT repository
> documentation can be submitted?

Hi Tom,

it's on the TODO list. You are right that we should be doing something
about the key handling, but at the same time, we aren't going to rush
it since we don't want to break existing systems, so this is still
waiting for some quiet hours here so I can think through the whole
process.

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/g2njU7RqFXPz62jAeK3x0e5SvgP9EocwTWjDTfMnCM7l6er_-ewFRbU6E_QaAH3JRCw5YQyVRMX5Dgd-tsvuleGS4iv4oj5OxjmMgcx15_E%3D%40protonmail.ch

Christoph

Re: APT repository instructions

От
Tom Cassidy
Дата:
On Tue, 2022-08-16 at 17:17 +0200, Christoph Berg wrote:
> Re: Tom Cassidy
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thanks for all the work you guys put in to maintain the deb
> > packages
> > for postgres!
> >
> > Is there somewhere where updates/changes to the APT repository
> > documentation can be submitted?
>
> Hi Tom,
>
> it's on the TODO list. You are right that we should be doing
> something
> about the key handling, but at the same time, we aren't going to rush
> it since we don't want to break existing systems, so this is still
> waiting for some quiet hours here so I can think through the whole
> process.

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/g2njU7RqFXPz62jAeK3x0e5SvgP9EocwTWjDTfMnCM7l6er_-ewFRbU6E_QaAH3JRCw5YQyVRMX5Dgd-tsvuleGS4iv4oj5OxjmMgcx15_E%3D%40protonmail.ch

> Christoph

Good to know it's already being tracked.

Thanks Christoph.

Tom