Обсуждение: pgsql: Move a comment

pgsql: Move a comment

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Move a comment

Move a comment from the to-be-deleted section of nodes.h to where it
might still be useful.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/3e44aee3cea426e331c5cec6452b52bf8dd25e19

Modified Files
--------------
src/include/nodes/execnodes.h | 6 ++++++
src/include/nodes/nodes.h     | 6 ------

Re: pgsql: Move a comment

Дата:
Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> writes:
> Move a comment from the to-be-deleted section of nodes.h to where it
> might still be useful.

Hm.  I'm kind of sad that we lost

-   /*
-    * TAGS FOR RANDOM OTHER STUFF
-    *
-    * These are objects that aren't part of parse/plan/execute node tree
-    * structures, but we give them NodeTags anyway for identification
-    * purposes (usually because they are involved in APIs where we want to
-    * pass multiple object types through the same pointer).
-    */

Not quite sure where that info should be put now.  Maybe nodes/README
could get another para that explains what types of objects get
treated as Nodes?

            regards, tom lane

Re: pgsql: Move a comment

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 09.07.22 17:14, Tom Lane wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> writes:
>> Move a comment from the to-be-deleted section of nodes.h to where it
>> might still be useful.
>
> Hm.  I'm kind of sad that we lost
>
> -   /*
> -    * TAGS FOR RANDOM OTHER STUFF
> -    *
> -    * These are objects that aren't part of parse/plan/execute node tree
> -    * structures, but we give them NodeTags anyway for identification
> -    * purposes (usually because they are involved in APIs where we want to
> -    * pass multiple object types through the same pointer).
> -    */
>
> Not quite sure where that info should be put now.  Maybe nodes/README
> could get another para that explains what types of objects get
> treated as Nodes?

Yeah, I looked at that comment, too, but it seemed that the particular
node types were already adequately documented at their sites.  But
nodes/README seems like a good destination in general.