Обсуждение: PostgreSQL 10 initdb with locale de-x-icu fails on Windows Server 2012

PostgreSQL 10 initdb with locale de-x-icu fails on Windows Server 2012

От
"ROSESOFT S. Hoffmann"

Hello,

here my problem in details:

Software:

Freshly installed Windows Server 2012 R2 (german)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86) - 12.0.40664.0

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistributable (x86) - 14.31.31103

PostgreSQL 10.20 32-bit binaries from https://www.enterprisedb.com/download-postgresql-binaries

Call (excerpt):

initdb.exe .. -E UTF8 --locale=de-x-icu --text-search-config=german ..

Error message:

initdb: ungültiger Locale-Name »de-x-icu«

According to  https://www.postgresql.org/download/windows/ PostgreSQL 10 is supported by Windows Server 2012.

The collation 'de-x-icu' is contained in table „pg_collation“.

With default-locale "German_Germany.1252" initdb succeeds, but that locale is not allowed in our environment!

On all newer Windows-OS (Windows Server 2016/2019/2022, Windows 10/11) there is no problem.

Is this a PostgreSQL Bug?

Do you know a work-around?

Is a Windows-Patch or a special software necessary to use ICU?

Best Regards,

Stefan Hoffmann.

ROSESOFT GmbH & Co. KG
Mundenheimer Straße 100
67061 Ludwigshafen am Rhein
Amtsgericht Ludwigshafen am Rhein / HRA 61632
Komplementärin / Sitz Ellerstadt
ROSESOFT Verwaltungs-GmbH
Amtsgericht Ludwigshafen am Rhein / HRB 65870
Geschäftsführer: Torsten Rosebrock
Tel. 0621 / 63 59 11 - 0
Fax 0621 / 63 59 11 - 99
www.rosesoft.de

Re: PostgreSQL 10 initdb with locale de-x-icu fails on Windows Server 2012

От
Kyotaro Horiguchi