Обсуждение: postgresql14-contrib does not install with libpython 3.7

postgresql14-contrib does not install with libpython 3.7

От
Marcia Rocha
Дата:
Hello
I've tried to install postgresql14-contrib but I my system has libpython 3.7 and the installation has below error:
the Error: Package: postgresql14-contrib-14.2-1PGDG.rhel7.x86_64 (pgdg14)
           Requires: libpython3.6m.so.1.0()(64bit)

my OS - Amazon Linux release 2 (Karoo)

How to solve this?

Best regards
Marcia

postgresql14-contrib does not install with libpython 3.7

От
Marcia Rocha

Hello
I've tried to install postgresql14-contrib but I my system has libpython 3.7 and the installation has below error:
the Error: Package: postgresql14-contrib-14.2-1PGDG.rhel7.x86_64 (pgdg14)
           Requires: libpython3.6m.so.1.0()(64bit)

my OS - Amazon Linux release 2 (Karoo)

How to solve this?

Best regards
Marcia

Re: postgresql14-contrib does not install with libpython 3.7

От
Marcia Rocha
Дата:
Hello
Is there some news about this mail? I really need your help related to my issue.

Best regards
Marcia

I've tried to install postgresql14-contrib but I my system has libpython 3.7 and the installation has below error:
the Error: Package: postgresql14-contrib-14.2-1PGDG.rhel7.x86_64 (pgdg14)
           Requires: libpython3.6m.so.1.0()(64bit)

my OS - Amazon Linux release 2 (Karoo)

How to solve this?

Best regards
Marcia

Re: postgresql14-contrib does not install with libpython 3.7

От
Daniel RC
Дата:
Hello Marcia.

Have you tried compiling PostgreSQL?
Maybe it's a way to install it on Amazon Linux.
I created an environment with PostgreSQL running on Amazon Linux and here are the commands I ran:

[root]# yum groupinstall "Development tools"

[root]# useradd postgres

[root]# yum install readline-devel
[root]# yum install zlib-devel

[root]# cd /home/postgres/
[root]# su postgres
[postgres]$ wget https://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v14.2/postgresql-14.2.tar.bz2

[postgres]$ tar -xvf postgresql-14.2.tar.bz2

[root]# cd postgresql-14.2/

[root]# ./configure

[root]# make
[root]# su postgres
[postgres]$ make check
[root]# make install
[root]# su postgres

[postgres]$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb -D /home/postgres/pgdata
[postgres]$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl -D /home/postgres/pgdata -l /home/postgres/pgdata/logfile start
[postgres]$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/createdb test
[postgres]$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql test

Captura de tela de 2022-02-24 10-03-19.png

Hope this helps.
Best regards.
Daniel Robert Costa

Is there some news about this mail? I really need your help related to my issue.

Best regards
Marcia

I've tried to install postgresql14-contrib but I my system has libpython 3.7 and the installation has below error:
the Error: Package: postgresql14-contrib-14.2-1PGDG.rhel7.x86_64 (pgdg14)
           Requires: libpython3.6m.so.1.0()(64bit)

my OS - Amazon Linux release 2 (Karoo)

How to solve this?

Best regards
Marcia
Вложения

Re: postgresql14-contrib does not install with libpython 3.7

От
Marcia Rocha
Дата:
Hello, Daniel
Thanks for your suggestion, I did not compile yet, because my problem is not related to postgres installation but only related to package contrib.
Do you know if using these sources the contrib package will be included  too?
Best regards
Marcia