Обсуждение: ​ERROR: syntax error at or near "collation"

​ERROR: syntax error at or near "collation"

От
dbatoCloud Solution

Hi All,

I am getting the below error while executing sql file in postgresql ? Can somebody suggest plz?

SETpsql:comsod_db_structure.sql:48: ERROR:  syntax error at or near "collation"

LINE 37:  collation varchar(100)

Thanks

Ashok

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ashokkumar Mani

 +91 81975 99922

W: https://dbatocloudsolution.blogspot.in/ | E: dbatocloud17@gmail.com

Re: ​ERROR: syntax error at or near "collation"

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата:
I am getting the below error while executing sql file in postgresql ? Can somebody suggest plz?

SETpsql:comsod_db_structure.sql:48: ERROR:  syntax error at or near "collation"

LINE 37:  collation varchar(100)

Don’t use reserved words as column names.

David J.

Re: ​ERROR: syntax error at or near "collation"

От
"David G. Johnston"

I am getting the below error while executing sql file in postgresql ? Can somebody suggest plz?

SETpsql:comsod_db_structure.sql:48: ERROR:  syntax error at or near "collation"

LINE 37:  collation varchar(100)

Don’t use reserved words as column names.

Precisely…the word being complained about, “collation”, is reserved [1].  Rename the column or double-quote it.

David J.