Обсуждение: Regex for Word space Word space Word ....

Regex for Word space Word space Word ....

От
Shaozhong SHI
Дата:
Is there any regex for Word space Word space Word and more?

Regards,

David

Re: Regex for Word space Word space Word ....

От
Shaozhong SHI
Дата:
I tried nested regex  '[[A-Z][a-z] ]+[[A-Z][a-z]]' but it did not work.

Regards,

David

Is there any regex for Word space Word space Word and more?

Regards,

David

Re: Regex for Word space Word space Word ....

От
chlor
Дата:
I tried nested regex  '[[A-Z][a-z] ]+[[A-Z][a-z]]' but it did not work.

[A-Z][a-z]+ +[A-Z][a-z]+

Try this instead
[A-Za-z]+ +[A-Za-z]+

And try also this editor to learn regex

./hans

Re: Regex for Word space Word space Word ....

От
Shaozhong SHI
Дата:
It only matches First Street from 'My First Street'.

I was trying to make it to match words starting capital letter only.

Regards,
David

I tried nested regex  '[[A-Z][a-z] ]+[[A-Z][a-z]]' but it did not work.

[A-Z][a-z]+ +[A-Z][a-z]+

Try this instead
[A-Za-z]+ +[A-Za-z]+

And try also this editor to learn regex

./hans

Re: Regex for Word space Word space Word ....

От
Saurabh Agrawal

I was trying to make it to match words starting capital letter only.

Regards,
David

I tried nested regex  '[[A-Z][a-z] ]+[[A-Z][a-z]]' but it did not work.

[A-Z][a-z]+ +[A-Z][a-z]+

Try this instead
[A-Za-z]+ +[A-Za-z]+

And try also this editor to learn regex

./hans

Re: Regex for Word space Word space Word ....

От
Andreas Joseph Krogh
Дата:
It only matches First Street from 'My First Street'.

I was trying to make it to match words starting capital letter only.

You'll want to include unicode-characters, which [A-Z] approach doesn't handle well.

How about:

select regexp_matches('Åge is a Man', E'[[:upper:]]\\w+', 'g');

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS

Вложения

Re: Regex for Word space Word space Word ....

От
Дата:
On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 09:58:00AM +0000, Shaozhong SHI wrote:
> Is there any regex for Word space Word space Word and more?

It isn't very clear what you want to achieve. From the other mails in
this thread I understand that your words start with an uppercase char
and continue with lowercase chars. Is that right?

You want exactly one space between words, or more than one?

What is this "...and more"? Arbitrary repetitions?

Which kind of regular expressions do you want to use? POSIX?

If all the answers to the above are "yes", you might try something like

  "(?:[[:upper:]][[:lower:]]*[[:space:]]+)*[[:upper:]][[:lower:]]*"

(Caveat: untested). This would match a single word or more than one
word, separated by one or more spaces, where a word starts with one
upper-case character and continues with zero or more lowercases.

HTH
 - t

Вложения

Re: Regex for Word space Word space Word ....

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата:
Is there any regex for Word space Word space Word and more?

What problem are you actually trying to solve?  You may find it easier to simply split your string on space and then do tests on elements of the resultant array.

David J.

Re: Regex for Word space Word space Word ....

От
Shaozhong SHI
Дата:
Hi, David J,
Any good example of doing test on array?

Regards, David