Обсуждение:

AC Gomez
Дата:
Postgres 9.6. We're attempting to delete some old users from a DB.

Log into DB as masteruser.

Run this block of commands (the_schema=public, and it's the only schema in this particular DB):
REVOKE ALL PRIVILEGES ON DATABASE the_database FROM old_role;
REVOKE USAGE ON SCHEMA the_schema FROM old_role;
REVOKE ALL PRIVILEGES ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA the_schema FROM old_role;
REVOKE ALL PRIVILEGES ON ALL SEQUENCES IN SCHEMA the_schema FROM old_role;

Here we actually had to create a loop to revoke one function at a time while avoiding system functions on which this single command fails:
REVOKE ALL PRIVILEGES ON ALL FUNCTIONS IN SCHEMA the_schema FROM old_role;

REVOKE ALL PRIVILEGES ON SCHEMA the_schema FROM old_role;
ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES IN SCHEMA the_schema REVOKE ALL ON SEQUENCES FROM old_role;
ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES IN SCHEMA the_schema REVOKE ALL ON TABLES FROM old_role;
ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES IN SCHEMA the_schema REVOKE ALL ON FUNCTIONS FROM old_role;

REASSIGN OWNED BY old_role TO masteruser;
DROP OWNED BY old_role;
DROP USER old_role;

The consensus online is that these are the steps to be taken to successfully remove roles, yet we get this error below:

ERROR:  role "old_role" cannot be dropped because some objects depend on it
DETAIL: privileges for database the_database 96 objects in database the_database SQL state: 2BP01

What is it that we could be missing here?

Thanks for any help!

Re:

Дата:
AC Gomez <antklc@gmail.com> writes:
> REASSIGN OWNED BY old_role TO masteruser;
> DROP OWNED BY old_role;
> DROP USER old_role;

> The consensus online is that these are the steps to be taken to
> successfully remove roles, yet we get this error below:
> ERROR:  role "old_role" cannot be dropped because some objects depend on it
> DETAIL: privileges for database the_database 96 objects in database
> the_database SQL state: 2BP01

> What is it that we could be missing here?

You need to do the REASSIGN OWNED and DROP OWNED steps in each
database of the cluster that old_role has any objects/privileges in.

You might need a manual revoke on "the_database" too; I'm not sure
if DROP OWNED does anything about DB-level privileges.

            regards, tom lane