Обсуждение: BUG #17281: How specify regress database?

BUG #17281: How specify regress database?

От
PG Bug reporting form
Дата:

Bug reference:      17281
Logged by:          RekGRpth
Email address:      rekgrpth@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 14.0
Operating system:   docker alpine

I try
1) add in Makefile
CONTRIB_TESTDB = postgres
2) add in Makefile
REGRESS_OPTS = --use-existing --dbname=postgres
3) add in Makefile
EXTRA_REGRESS_OPTS = --use-existing --dbname=postgres
4) before calling make installcheck
export CONTRIB_TESTDB=postgres
but results everything is same:
/usr/lib/postgresql/pgxs/src/makefiles/../../src/test/regress/pg_regress
--inputdir=./ --bindir='/usr/bin'    --use-existing --dbname=postgres
--dbname=contrib_regression extension
i.e. pgxs places --dbname=contrib_regression in last option due to
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/14108.1314148639%40sss.pgh.pa.us

Re: BUG #17281: How specify regress database?

От
"Euler Taveira"
Дата:
REGRESS_OPTS = --use-existing --dbname=postgres
3) add in Makefile
EXTRA_REGRESS_OPTS = --use-existing --dbname=postgres
4) before calling make installcheck
export CONTRIB_TESTDB=postgres
but results everything is same:
/usr/lib/postgresql/pgxs/src/makefiles/../../src/test/regress/pg_regress
--inputdir=./ --bindir='/usr/bin'    --use-existing --dbname=postgres
--dbname=contrib_regression extension
i.e. pgxs places --dbname=contrib_regression in last option due to

This is not a bug. Use the appropriate list for your question next time.

AFAICS there is not a configurable way to change the CONTRIB_TESTDB. Unless,
you modify Makefile.global.in. You might modify configure.ac to inform a
configurable database for the CONTRIB_TESTDB too.

--
Euler Taveira

Re: BUG #17281: How specify regress database?

Дата:
"Euler Taveira" <euler@eulerto.com> writes:
> This is not a bug. Use the appropriate list for your question next time.

Indeed.

> AFAICS there is not a configurable way to change the CONTRIB_TESTDB.

Doesn't it work to set that after including the global Makefile?
I thought make's rule was last-one-wins.  Another thing worth
experimenting with is to set it using ":=" rather than "=".

Also, it should work to override it from the command line, viz

      make check CONTRIB_TESTDB=foo

although I gather the OP wants to set it in his own Makefile.

            regards, tom lane