Обсуждение: Reuse of State value in Aggregates

Reuse of State value in Aggregates

От
gg pw
Дата:
Do Aggregate functions/queries reuse the state value they generate for subsequent queries? If not then an explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Reuse of State value in Aggregates

От
Antonin Houska
Дата:
gg pw <lucenaalmirjames123@gmail.com> wrote:

> Do Aggregate functions/queries reuse the state value they generate for subsequent queries? If not then an explanation
wouldbe greatly appreciated.

The subsequent queries are not supposed to feed the same input into the
aggregates, so their aggregate states will most likely be different. Maybe you
need to post an example where you think such reusing would be useful.

--
Antonin Houska

Re: Reuse of State value in Aggregates

От
gg pw
Дата:
That's sufficient information for me thanks! I don't really have a concrete example at the moment. The idea just popped up in my head when I read that CTEs are reused inside parent queries.