Обсуждение: Logical replication from Rds into on-premise

Logical replication from Rds into on-premise

От
Rama Krishnan
Дата:
Hi all,

I have a postgres server on Aws RDS no i want to replicate the data or logical replication into the on-premise server. I have gone through DMS provides the service buy it pricing was high. Do we have any option or method to achieve this?

Thanks

RamaKrishnan

Re: Logical replication from Rds into on-premise

От
Cory Nemelka

I have a postgres server on Aws RDS no i want to replicate the data or logical replication into the on-premise server. I have gone through DMS provides the service buy it pricing was high. Do we have any option or method to achieve this?

Thanks

RamaKrishnan

make sure all your tables have primary keys. :D

Re: Logical replication from Rds into on-premise

От
Dave Cramer

Dave Cramer
www.postgres.rocks

I have a postgres server on Aws RDS no i want to replicate the data or logical replication into the on-premise server. I have gone through DMS provides the service buy it pricing was high. Do we have any option or method to achieve this?

Thanks

RamaKrishnan

make sure all your tables have primary keys. :D

Does RDS allow logical replication

Re: Logical replication from Rds into on-premise

От
Rama Krishnan
Дата:
Hi Dave,

Rds support logical replication but the question of how to make replication between RDS into on premise

I have a postgres server on Aws RDS no i want to replicate the data or logical replication into the on-premise server. I have gone through DMS provides the service buy it pricing was high. Do we have any option or method to achieve this?

Thanks

RamaKrishnan

make sure all your tables have primary keys. :D

Does RDS allow logical replication

Re: Logical replication from Rds into on-premise

От
Miles Elam
Дата:
Yes, it does. I believe it was patched for v9.6, but v10 and above support it out of the box, and the RDS version of PostgreSQL shares that support. I have used it with v10 and v11, and it works exactly like the standard PG docs say it should.

- Miles

Re: Logical replication from Rds into on-premise

От
Rama Krishnan
Дата:
Awesome, thanks! Can you please share docs my Rds version is 12.3