Обсуждение: BUG #17060: ERROR: column "rownum" does not exist

BUG #17060: ERROR: column "rownum" does not exist

От
PG Bug reporting form
Дата:

Bug reference:      17060
Logged by:          dhanabakeeswari v
Email address:      dhanabakeeswari15@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 11.12
Operating system:   Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server (7.8 version)

Migrated the data from the oracle database to the PostgreSQL database.
While accessing the query I am facing "org.postgresql.util.PSQLException:
ERROR: column "rownum" does not exist".
Without query changes how to resolve this.

Re: BUG #17060: ERROR: column "rownum" does not exist

От
David Rowley
Дата:
On Wed, 16 Jun 2021 at 22:41, PG Bug reporting form
<noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:
> Migrated the data from the oracle database to the PostgreSQL database.
> While accessing the query I am facing "org.postgresql.util.PSQLException:
> ERROR: column "rownum" does not exist".
> Without query changes how to resolve this.

It looks like you might have to do a bit more work to properly migrate
your application to PostgreSQL.

PostgreSQL uses more standardized ways to limit the number of records
returned by a query. The last time I used Oracle it did not follow the
SQL standard way of doing that.

With PostgreSQL, you should use either the standard FETCH FIRST syntax
or the LIMIT syntax, which predates the SQL standard.
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/sql-select.html#SQL-LIMIT

Since this is not a bug, please divert any follow-up questions to the
pgsql-general mailing list.

David

Re: BUG #17060: ERROR: column "rownum" does not exist

От
Pantelis Theodosiou

Operating system:   Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server (7.8 version)

Migrated the data from the oracle database to the PostgreSQL database.
While accessing the query I am facing "org.postgresql.util.PSQLException:
ERROR: column "rownum" does not exist".
Without query changes how to resolve this.

This is (much likely) not a bug. ROWNUM is a pseudo column that is specific in Oracle SQL. You can't solve this without modifying your query (eg using ROW_NUMBER() window function).

Best regards

Pantelis Theodosiou

Re: BUG #17060: ERROR: column "rownum" does not exist

От
dhanabakeeswari v
Дата:
Hi
im facing com.edb.util.PSQLException: Cannot commit when autoCommit is enabled.
could you please help me to solve this?