Обсуждение: pgsql: Fix pg_identify_object_as_address() with event triggers

pgsql: Fix pg_identify_object_as_address() with event triggers

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
Fix pg_identify_object_as_address() with event triggers

Attempting to use this function with event triggers failed, as, since
its introduction in a676201, this code has never associated an object
name with event triggers.  This addresses the failure by adding the
event trigger name to the set defining its object address.

Note that regression tests are added within event_trigger and not
object_address to avoid issues with concurrent connections in parallel
schedules.

Author: Joel Jacobson
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/3c905e77-a026-46ae-8835-c3f6cd1d24c8@www.fastmail.com
Backpatch-through: 9.6

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/f7aab36d61fd2fdbd949d5880247e8cae9ee4be0

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/catalog/objectaddress.c         | 11 +++++------
src/test/regress/expected/event_trigger.out | 17 +++++++++++++++++
src/test/regress/sql/event_trigger.sql      | 11 +++++++++++

Re: pgsql: Fix pg_identify_object_as_address() with event triggers

Дата:
> Fix pg_identify_object_as_address() with event triggers

Looks like this has issues under RELCACHE_FORCE_RELEASE
and/or CATCACHE_FORCE_RELEASE:

https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=prion&dt=2021-04-28%2002%3A28%3A04

            regards, tom lane

Re: pgsql: Fix pg_identify_object_as_address() with event triggers

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 10:44:08PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Looks like this has issues under RELCACHE_FORCE_RELEASE
> and/or CATCACHE_FORCE_RELEASE:
>
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=prion&dt=2021-04-28%2002%3A28%3A04

Yes, this is missing a pstrdup() for the event trigger name.  I was
just working on it.
--
Michael

Вложения