Обсуждение: Add ORDER BY to stabilize tablespace test for partitioned index

Add ORDER BY to stabilize tablespace test for partitioned index

От
Pavel Borisov
Дата:
Hi, hackers!
I noticed the Peter's commit 7e3c54168d9ec058cb3c9d47f8105b1d32dc8ceb that stabilizes certain tests by adding ORDER BY clause in tests and remember that I saw the same error in tablespaces test for creation of partitioned index. It comes very rarely and test fails on inverted order of parent and child.

PFA small patch that stabilizes that test in the same style by adding ORDER BY.

--
Best regards,
Pavel Borisov

Postgres Professional: http://postgrespro.com
Вложения

Re: Add ORDER BY to stabilize tablespace test for partitioned index

От
Bharath Rupireddy
Дата:
On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 1:30 PM Pavel Borisov <pashkin.elfe@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, hackers!
> I noticed the Peter's commit 7e3c54168d9ec058cb3c9d47f8105b1d32dc8ceb that stabilizes certain tests by adding ORDER
BYclause in tests and remember that I saw the same error in tablespaces test for creation of partitioned index. It
comesvery rarely and test fails on inverted order of parent and child.

> PFA small patch that stabilizes that test in the same style by adding ORDER BY.

+1 and the patch looks good to me.

I think we also need to add ORDER BY clauses to a few more tests(as
pointed in [1]) in create_function_3.sql which the commit 7e3c54168
missed to add. I will post the patch there in [1] and see if it gets
picked up.

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALj2ACVb%2BFsKAhxAmVWSnTsPQwkvbMsxo4jGhw3uT-E036hvPA%40mail.gmail.com

With Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.

Re: Add ORDER BY to stabilize tablespace test for partitioned index

От
Pavel Borisov
Дата:
> I noticed the Peter's commit 7e3c54168d9ec058cb3c9d47f8105b1d32dc8ceb that stabilizes certain tests by adding ORDER BY clause in tests and remember that I saw the same error in tablespaces test for creation of partitioned index. It comes very rarely and test fails on inverted order of parent and child.
>
> PFA small patch that stabilizes that test in the same style by adding ORDER BY.

+1 and the patch looks good to me.

I think we also need to add ORDER BY clauses to a few more tests(as
pointed in [1]) in create_function_3.sql which the commit 7e3c54168
missed to add. I will post the patch there in [1] and see if it gets
picked up.
Thanks! I think the patch you mentioned in [1] is also good, and it's worth being committed as well.