Обсуждение: Improve error matching patterns in the SSL tests

Improve error matching patterns in the SSL tests

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
Hi all,

It has been mentioned twice for the last couple of days that some of
the SSL tests are not really picky with what they check, which can be
annoying when it comes to the testing of other SSL implementations as
we cannot really be sure if an error tells more than "SSL error":
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20210330151507.GA9536@alvherre.pgsql
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/e0f0484a1815b26bb99ef9ddc7a110dfd6425931.camel@vmware.com

Please find attached a patch to tighten a bit all that.  The errors
produced by OpenSSL down to 1.0.1 are the same.  I have noticed one
extra place where we just check for a FATAL, where the trust
authentication failed after a CN mismatch.

Thoughts?
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Improve error matching patterns in the SSL tests

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Thu, Apr 01, 2021 at 11:59:15AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Please find attached a patch to tighten a bit all that.  The errors
> produced by OpenSSL down to 1.0.1 are the same.  I have noticed one
> extra place where we just check for a FATAL, where the trust
> authentication failed after a CN mismatch.

Sorry for the late reply here.  This has been applied as of 8d3a4c3.
--
Michael

Вложения