Обсуждение: Potential typo in abbreviated insertion query

Potential typo in abbreviated insertion query

От
PG Doc comments form
Дата:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/executor.html

It's located within the parentheses of the last paragraph.

>(A simple INSERT ... VALUES command creates a trivial plan tree consisting
of a single Result node, which computes just one result row, and ModifyTable
above it to perform the insertion. But INSERT ... SELECT can demand the full
power of the executor mechanism.)

I'm under the impression that the second inline code block refers to `INSERT
... VALUES`.

Re: Potential typo in abbreviated insertion query

Дата:
On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 02:32:35AM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/executor.html
>
> It's located within the parentheses of the last paragraph.
>
> >(A simple INSERT ... VALUES command creates a trivial plan tree consisting
> of a single Result node, which computes just one result row, and ModifyTable
> above it to perform the insertion. But INSERT ... SELECT can demand the full
> power of the executor mechanism.)
>
> I'm under the impression that the second inline code block refers to `INSERT
> ... VALUES`.

I think the text is correct, but I also think it is trying to do too
much in one paragraph.  Here is a doc patch to improve this.

Re: Potential typo in abbreviated insertion query

Дата:
On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 01:44:56PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 02:32:35AM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:
> > The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:
> >
> > Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/executor.html
> >
> > It's located within the parentheses of the last paragraph.
> >
> > >(A simple INSERT ... VALUES command creates a trivial plan tree consisting
> > of a single Result node, which computes just one result row, and ModifyTable
> > above it to perform the insertion. But INSERT ... SELECT can demand the full
> > power of the executor mechanism.)
> >
> > I'm under the impression that the second inline code block refers to `INSERT
> > ... VALUES`.
>
> I think the text is correct, but I also think it is trying to do too
> much in one paragraph.  Here is a doc patch to improve this.

Patch applied to all supported branches.