Обсуждение: Update on

Update on

От
EffiSYS / Martin Querleu
Дата:
Hello

We use PG 11.9 and are encountering the problem with connection limit
and parallel workers aborting a totally valid query ("CONTEXT: parallel
worker" error)

I found there was a thread concerning this problem and even a patch was
developed:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAB7nPqQKJPgNkg0VQguUP1u%2BpDdk1qF16Qh5MtDQEtSMG4S-fg%40mail.gmail.com
but no news since 2017

Do you know the status of the patch or a modification to remove the
parallel worker from the connection count against user (also server?)
CONNECTION_LIMIT or to just not launch workers if not possible?
Without that we'll have to configure a crazy number of user
connection_limit (not avoiding the problem but limiting the probability)
or remove parallel configuration, any of which would be a pity

Thanks in advance

Best regards
Martin

--
Martin Querleu - Directeur Général
EffiSYS (www.effitrace.fr - www.logistique-e-commerce.fr)

Vous rencontrez un problème d'utilisation sur effitr@ce?
=====> écrivez à support@effisys.fr
Vous rencontrez un problème technique au niveau des échanges de données?
=====> écrivez à supervision@effisys.fr

Re: Update on

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата:
We use PG 11.9 and are encountering the problem with connection limit and parallel workers aborting a totally valid query ("CONTEXT: parallel worker" error)

I found there was a thread concerning this problem and even a patch was developed: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAB7nPqQKJPgNkg0VQguUP1u%2BpDdk1qF16Qh5MtDQEtSMG4S-fg%40mail.gmail.com but no news since 2017

Do you know the status of the patch or a modification to remove the parallel worker from the connection count against user (also server?) CONNECTION_LIMIT or to just not launch workers if not possible?

That thread was resolved with a committed patch [1] mid-thread, then got hijacked a bit...

David J.

Re: Update on

От
EffiSYS / Martin Querleu
Дата:
Hello David

After reading the commit I understand it modifies the management so that parallel workers don't count against connection_limit so I don't understand why I experience the problem
What do you mean by "hijacked"?

Best regards
Martin

[...]

Дата: