Обсуждение: BUG #16542: High CPU Usage

BUG #16542: High CPU Usage

От
PG Bug reporting form
Дата:

Bug reference:      16542
Logged by:          Seren_Modz 21
Email address:      dylangregory612@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 12.0
Operating system:   Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS Server

I'm not sure if it's 12.0 as I installed it with "sudo apt-get install
PostgreSQL" and only know that it is v12.x. Our VPS has a 3x vCore (3.70ghz)
CPU but when we checked HTOP, we noticed that PostgreSQL was maxing out all
3 cores after sorting the list out by CPU Percentage. This is incredibly
high and we don't know why it's being maxed out. You can view the HTOP
results here: https://imgur.com/a/FxByiyX

Re: BUG #16542: High CPU Usage

От
David Rowley
Дата:
On Wed, 15 Jul 2020 at 19:16, PG Bug reporting form
<noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:
> I'm not sure if it's 12.0 as I installed it with "sudo apt-get install
> PostgreSQL" and only know that it is v12.x. Our VPS has a 3x vCore (3.70ghz)
> CPU but when we checked HTOP, we noticed that PostgreSQL was maxing out all
> 3 cores after sorting the list out by CPU Percentage. This is incredibly
> high and we don't know why it's being maxed out. You can view the HTOP
> results here: https://imgur.com/a/FxByiyX

There's no evidence here to suggest a bug yet.  If you connect to
PostgreSQL with psql, you can look at what each of those processes is
doing with:

SELECT * FROM pg_stat_activity;

Perhaps you just have some queries that are busy with something.

David

Re: BUG #16542: High CPU Usage

От
Arthur Nascimento
Дата:
Hi,

On Wed, 15 Jul 2020 at 04:16, PG Bug reporting form
<noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:
> high and we don't know why it's being maxed out. You can view the HTOP
> results here: https://imgur.com/a/FxByiyX

See the process name eNdXFW? Even though it's running as the postgres
user, it's not a PostgreSQL process.
You've probably been hacked and the machine is mining bitcoins for
somebody else.

So review your security measures, make sure your backups are up to
date and secure, create a new machine from the backup and retire this
one asap.

Tureba - Arthur Nascimento