Обсуждение: Getting Error while using row_number()

Getting Error while using row_number()

От
Ashish Kaushal
Дата:
Hi Team,

I have environment with PostgreSQL 8.0.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu and I am trying to write sql syntax like mentioned below and getting mentioned below.

select distinct journey_id
, ROW_NUMBER OVER (partition by `journey_id` ORDER BY journey_id)
from table_name

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(partition by `journey_id` ORDER BY `journey_id`) from `consents` limit 10' at line 6

Kindly advise asap

Thanks
Ashish Kaushal
8285877270

Re: Getting Error while using row_number()

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата:
I have environment with PostgreSQL 8.0.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu and I am trying to write sql syntax like mentioned below and getting mentioned below.

select distinct journey_id
, ROW_NUMBER OVER (partition by `journey_id` ORDER BY journey_id)
from table_name

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(partition by `journey_id` ORDER BY `journey_id`) from `consents` limit 10' at line 6

Kindly advise asap

Don’t execute PostgreSQL queries against a MySQL Server.

David J.

Re: Getting Error while using row_number()

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата:
I have environment with PostgreSQL 8.0.2

PostgreSQL 8.0.2? Seriously?

David J.

Re: Getting Error while using row_number()

Дата:
> On Thursday, July 9, 2020, Ashish Kaushal <ashish.kaushal@getfareye.com>
> wrote:
>> I have environment with PostgreSQL 8.0.2

> PostgreSQL 8.0.2? Seriously?

If it actually is 8.0.x, or even 8.2.x, then it lacks window functions
anyway; those came in in 8.4.  But there's a bigger problem:

>> You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to
>> your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(partition by
>> `journey_id` ORDER BY `journey_id`) from `consents` limit 10' at line 6

That's not a Postgres error at all.  The OP seems quite confused.

            regards, tom lane