Обсуждение: Postgres server 12.2 crash with process exited abnormally andpossibly corrupted shared memory

Postgres server 12.2 crash with process exited abnormally andpossibly corrupted shared memory

От
Ishan Joshi

Hi Team,

I have using postgresql server v12.2  on CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611 (Core).

My application is working fine with non partition tables but recently we are trying to adopt partition table on few of application tables.

So we have created List partition on 6 table. 2 out of 6 tables have 24 partitions and 4 out of 6 tables have 500 list partitions. After performing partition table, we are trying to run our application it is getting crash as I can see the memory utilization is consumed 100% and once it reach to 100%  Postgres server getting crash with following error

2020-06-09 00:47:41.876 IDT pid:9701 xid:0 ip:10.247.150.107 WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process

2020-06-09 00:47:41.876 IDT pid:9701 xid:0 ip:10.247.150.107 DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the current transaction and exit, because another server process exited abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.

2020-06-09 00:47:44.606 IDT pid:9701 xid:0 ip: HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and repeat your command.

2020-06-09 00:47:41.876 IDT pid:9961 xid:0 ip:10.247.150.107 FATAL:  the database system is in recovery mode

Prior to partition changes Postgres server utilizing 30% of total memory. Does number of partition is impacting the memory utilization?

My configuration as follows

PG version 12.2

RAM on Server : 78GB

effective_cache_size 44GB

Shared_buffers  21GB

max_connections 2000

work_mem   9MB

max_worker_processes 24

Thanks & Regards,

Ishan Joshi

This email and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Amdocs Email Terms of Service, which you may review at https://www.amdocs.com/about/email-terms-of-service