Обсуждение: text coverage for EXTRACT()

text coverage for EXTRACT()

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
During the discussion in [0] I noticed that the extract()/date_part()
variants for time, timetz, and interval had virtually no test coverage.
So I put some more tests together, which should be useful if we decide
to make any changes in this area per [0].

[0]:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/42b73d2d-da12-ba9f-570a-420e0cce19d9%40phystech.edu

Re: text coverage for EXTRACT()

От
Vik Fearing
Дата:
> During the discussion in [0] I noticed that the extract()/date_part()
> variants for time, timetz, and interval had virtually no test coverage.
> So I put some more tests together, which should be useful if we decide
> to make any changes in this area per [0].

These look straightforward to me.

Looking at that big table, I see everything is 0-based except the
quarter.  That seems unfortunate, and if this were a new feature I'd
lobby to have it changed.  I don't think we can do anything about it
now, though.
--
Vik Fearing

Re: text coverage for EXTRACT()

Дата:
Vik Fearing <vik@postgresfriends.org> writes:
> On 6/9/20 1:36 PM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> During the discussion in [0] I noticed that the extract()/date_part()
>> variants for time, timetz, and interval had virtually no test coverage.
>> So I put some more tests together, which should be useful if we decide
>> to make any changes in this area per [0].

> These look straightforward to me.

+1 here as well.

> Looking at that big table, I see everything is 0-based except the
> quarter.  That seems unfortunate, and if this were a new feature I'd
> lobby to have it changed.  I don't think we can do anything about it
> now, though.

Yeah, that ship has sailed :-(

            regards, tom lane

Re: text coverage for EXTRACT()

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 2020-06-09 16:11, Tom Lane wrote:
> Vik Fearing <vik@postgresfriends.org> writes:
>> On 6/9/20 1:36 PM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>>> During the discussion in [0] I noticed that the extract()/date_part()
>>> variants for time, timetz, and interval had virtually no test coverage.
>>> So I put some more tests together, which should be useful if we decide
>>> to make any changes in this area per [0].
>
>> These look straightforward to me.
>
> +1 here as well.

committed