Обсуждение: future pg+llvm compilation is broken

future pg+llvm compilation is broken

От
Fabien COELHO
Дата:
Hello devs,

  commit 2c24051bacd2d0eb7141fc4adb870281aec4e714
  Author: Craig Topper <craig.topper@gmail.com>
  Date:   Fri Apr 24 22:12:21 2020 -0700

     [CallSite removal] Rename CallSite.h to AbstractCallSite.h. NFC

     The CallSite and ImmutableCallSite were removed in a previous
     commit. So rename the file to match the remaining class and
     the name of the cpp that implements it.

Hence :

  .. llvmjit_inline.cpp
  llvmjit_inline.cpp:59:10: fatal error: llvm/IR/CallSite.h: No such file or
  directory
    59 | #include <llvm/IR/CallSite.h>
       |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Which is why animal seawasp is in now the red.

It looks unlikely that it will vanish, so pg must probably start aiming at
the moving llvm target.

--
Fabien.

Re: future pg+llvm compilation is broken

От
Justin Pryzby
Дата:
On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 07:40:27PM +0200, Fabien COELHO wrote:
>  llvmjit_inline.cpp:59:10: fatal error: llvm/IR/CallSite.h: No such file or

Seems to be the same as here:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAGf%2BfX4sDP5%2B43HBz_3fjchawO6boqwgbYVfuFc1D4gbA6qQxw%40mail.gmail.com#540c3746c79c0f13360b35c9c369a887

> Which is why animal seawasp is in now the red.

--
Justin

Re: future pg+llvm compilation is broken

От
Fabien COELHO
Дата:
Hello Justin,

>>  llvmjit_inline.cpp:59:10: fatal error: llvm/IR/CallSite.h: No such file or directory
>
> Seems to be the same as here:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAGf%2BfX4sDP5%2B43HBz_3fjchawO6boqwgbYVfuFc1D4gbA6qQxw%40mail.gmail.com#540c3746c79c0f13360b35c9c369a887

Definitely. I did not notice this thread, should have.

>> Which is why animal seawasp is in now the red.

Which I run, hence I noticed it. It should have turned red in April, but
the host had some issues hence the compiler was not updated, and I fixed
it only a few days ago.

Sorry for the noise!

On the fixing philosophy, I'm for sooner rather than later (which does not
mean immedialtely), and that it has to be backpatched to supported
branches.

--
Fabien.