Обсуждение: BUG #16453: Not able to load a 10gb file.

BUG #16453: Not able to load a 10gb file.

От
PG Bug reporting form
Дата:

Bug reference:      16453
Logged by:          Rishav Jain
Email address:      rishavjainrj1998@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 12.3
Operating system:   Windows 10

While loading a 10gb file it is giving unknown error but at the same time a
sample .csv file out of that is working fine what should i do?
Please help its urgent.

Re: BUG #16453: Not able to load a 10gb file.

От
Daniel Gustafsson
Дата:
> While loading a 10gb file it is giving unknown error but at the same time a
> sample .csv file out of that is working fine what should i do?
> Please help its urgent.

You could start by posting the actual error message you're encountering, the
offending row in the CSV (if possible) and the target table definition.
Without any details on the error there is little anyone can do to help.

It's also quite likely that this isn't a bug in postgres, but an issue with the
data, and if so then pgsql-general@ is a good mailinglist for getting help.

cheers ./daniel

Re: BUG #16453: Not able to load a 10gb file.

От
Juan José Santamaría Flecha

On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 4:15 PM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> While loading a 10gb file it is giving unknown error but at the same time a
> sample .csv file out of that is working fine what should i do?
> Please help its urgent.

You could start by posting the actual error message you're encountering, the
offending row in the CSV (if possible) and the target table definition.
Without any details on the error there is little anyone can do to help.

It's also quite likely that this isn't a bug in postgres, but an issue with the
data, and if so then pgsql-general@ is a good mailinglist for getting help.

The handling of large files in Windows is a known issue [1]. Being an urgent matter I would recommend you split the file in smaller chunks.

Regards,

Juan José Santamaría Flecha