Обсуждение: Startup process in slave

Startup process in slave

От
Raj kumar
Дата:
Hi,

I could see that there is zero replication lag between master and slave.
But, slave has startup process always recovering  along with wal receiver streaming.

I thought after startup process stops recovering, then only  wal receiver will start receiving files from wal sender. Then startup process will be stopped.

In pg 9.6, I have always seen, only walreceiver running. But currently,  in Pg11, I see startup process in addition. May be it's not version specific.  I'm just adding more information.

Can you please clarify why startup process is running even after walreceiver came up?

Thanks
Raj
Вложения

Re: Startup process in slave

От
Scott Ribe
Дата:
> On Apr 25, 2020, at 7:12 AM, Raj kumar <rajkumar820999@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> But, slave has startup process always recovering  along with wal receiver streaming.

Yes, it will always be recovering, that's how it works. Wal receiver gets the logs, but startup recovery process
appliesthem.

> In pg 9.6, I have always seen, only walreceiver running.

Are you sure about that?

Re: Startup process in slave

От
Raj kumar
Дата:
Hi Scott,

Thanks for the explanation. I think, my understanding was wrong. Thanks for your clarification

Thanks
Raj