Обсуждение: Re: How to set a value when NULL

Re: How to set a value when NULL

От
"sivapostgres@yahoo.com"
Дата:
Hello,
Need to set a value of Zero when the field value is NULL in trigger function.

Tried with,
NEW.fieldname = NULLIF(NEW.fieldname, 0)

in before insert/update trigger.

Looks like it's not working.  I'm doing anything wrong.

Happiness Always
BKR Sivaprakash

Re: How to set a value when NULL

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата:
Need to set a value of Zero when the field value is NULL in trigger function.

Tried with,
NEW.fieldname = NULLIF(NEW.fieldname, 0)

in before insert/update trigger.

Looks like it's not working.  I'm doing anything wrong

NULLIF does the inverse of what you want - you expression returns null if fieldna,e has a value of 0.

COALESCE is what you want.

Coalesce(fieldname, 0) — returns the first, non-null argument.

David J.