Обсуждение: Restore is failing

Restore is failing

От
Sonam Sharma
Дата:
I am copying schema data to qa box from prod.its failing and giving below error :

WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process

DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the current transaction and exit, because another server process exited abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.

HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and repeat your command.

server closed the connection unexpectedly.

Can some one please help. Work_mem is set to 8gb.

Thanks , Sonam

Re: Restore is failing

От
Rob Sargent

I am copying schema data to qa box from prod.its failing and giving below error :

WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process

DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the current transaction and exit, because another server process exited abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.

HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and repeat your command.

server closed the connection unexpectedly.

Can some one please help. Work_mem is set to 8gb.

Thanks , Sonam

What version of postgres?
Method of copy?
Identify which server process is failing, what's the error there.

Re: Restore is failing

От
Sonam Sharma
Дата:
Version is 11.2 .. took schema dump using pg_dump -d -n (schma) / gunzip ..

The error I am getting while running restore.

I am copying schema data to qa box from prod.its failing and giving below error :

WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process

DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the current transaction and exit, because another server process exited abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.

HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and repeat your command.

server closed the connection unexpectedly.

Can some one please help. Work_mem is set to 8gb.

Thanks , Sonam

What version of postgres?
Method of copy?
Identify which server process is failing, what's the error there.

Re: Restore is failing

От
"Peter J. Holzer"
Дата:
On 2020-02-05 13:54:56 +0530, Sonam Sharma wrote:
> I am copying schema data to qa box from prod.its failing and giving below error
> :
>

> WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
>
> DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the
> current transaction and exit, because another server process exited abnormally
> and possibly corrupted shared memory.

As the message states, the problem is with another server process. You
need to identify that process and why it crashed. Check the postgres
server log. It should contain an error message. You might also want to
check the syslog (on Linux or other Unixes) or equivalent for system
errors (e.g. out of memory, disk errors, etc.)

        hp

|_|_) |                    |

Re: Restore is failing

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 2/5/20 12:47 AM, Sonam Sharma wrote:
> Version is 11.2 .. took schema dump using pg_dump -d -n (schma) / gunzip ..

So the above was a plain text dump that you then piped through
gunzip(?)? That does not make sense.

> The error I am getting while running restore.

If it is a plain text dump you would need to use psql not pg_restore.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com