Обсуждение: Oracle To Community Postgresql Migration

Oracle To Community Postgresql Migration

От
Vijay Ingle
Дата:
Hi Team,

We are getting slowness after migration from oracle to Postgresql.
As checked in oracle function executed within 2 sec but same code taken time in Postgresql.
Index already applied, constraints already applied.
All configuration parameters was ok.
Cpu memory utilization everything was ok.
Please suggest what we should do.

Regards,
Vijay P Ingle

Re: Oracle To Community Postgresql Migration

От
Julien Rouhaud
Дата:
Hi,

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 8:52 AM Vijay Ingle <vjingle143@gmail.com> wrote:

> We are getting slowness after migration from oracle to Postgresql.
> As checked in oracle function executed within 2 sec but same code taken time in Postgresql.
> Index already applied, constraints already applied.
> All configuration parameters was ok.
> Cpu memory utilization everything was ok.
> Please suggest what we should do.

This is not a bug, you should rather use the pgsql-performance mailing
list (https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-performance/).

When you'll do so, please also refer to
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Slow_Query_Questions to provide
enough information.

Re: Oracle To Community Postgresql Migration

От
Vijay Ingle
Дата:
Hi,
Thnx for support,
But as checked, in one table having 60k records , but whenever i fire query select query it will taking 20 sec for output.

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020, 1:27 PM Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 8:52 AM Vijay Ingle <vjingle143@gmail.com> wrote:

> We are getting slowness after migration from oracle to Postgresql.
> As checked in oracle function executed within 2 sec but same code taken time in Postgresql.
> Index already applied, constraints already applied.
> All configuration parameters was ok.
> Cpu memory utilization everything was ok.
> Please suggest what we should do.

This is not a bug, you should rather use the pgsql-performance mailing
list (https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-performance/).

When you'll do so, please also refer to
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Slow_Query_Questions to provide
enough information.

Re: Oracle To Community Postgresql Migration

От
Pavel Stehule

But as checked, in one table having 60k records , but whenever i fire query select query it will taking 20 sec for output.

Regards

Pavel