Обсуждение: security on user for replication

security on user for replication

От
PegoraroF10
Дата:
We use replication with publication/subsctription. It´s ok, works fine.

But if I go to my replica server and do select * from pg_subscription

on field subconninfo I have all properties to connect. host, port, user, password and dbname, all these info are available.

Documentation says user for replication is equivalent to a superuser and must have the login attribute. If this user has all this power and using that select on replica all that info is available ...

How can I hide that info from users which are connected to my replica server or

If it´s possible to have a replication user with not superuser rights or with NoLogin

Re: security on user for replication

От
Andreas Kretschmer

Am 11.11.19 um 14:26 schrieb PegoraroF10:
> How can I hide that info from users which are connected to my replica
> server

you can use a .pgpass - file, see the documentation.

Regards, Andreas

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company.
www.2ndQuadrant.com

Re: security on user for replication

От
Christoph Moench-Tegeder