Обсуждение: Phone number type extension

Phone number type extension

От
stan
Дата:
Is there any currently supported version of this? I found one using google,
but it looks like it was last updated around version 8 of Postgres.

neither liberty nor safety."
                        -- Benjamin Franklin

Re: Phone number type extension

От
Morris de Oryx
Дата:
For clarification, what do you mean by "phone number"? I'm not being dense, I'm wondering if you're looking for a type that handles only numbers from one country, or that can deal with the rules for a variety of countries.

Re: Phone number type extension

От
Ray O'Donnell
Дата:
On 28/09/2019 11:13, Morris de Oryx wrote:
> For clarification, what do you mean by "phone number"? I'm not being
> dense, I'm wondering if you're looking for a type that handles only
> numbers from one country, or that can deal with the rules for a variety
> of countries.

That was my first thought also. For example, here in Ireland we have
different numbers of digits in both area code and local number depending
on where in the country you are - and in fact, we can't always agree on
where the area code ends and the local number begins! :-)

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell // Galway // Ireland
ray@rodonnell.ie

Re: Phone number type extension

От
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Дата:
On 28.09.19 11:11, stan wrote:
> Is there any currently supported version of this? I found one using google,
> but it looks like it was last updated around version 8 of Postgres.

Found this:

https://github.com/blm768/pg-libphonenumber

Might be used in a CHECK constraint to validate phone numbers,
or a BEFORE trigger can normalize (or reject) the input value.

                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group