Обсуждение: can't install pg 12 beta on centos 6

can't install pg 12 beta on centos 6

От
Kevin Brannen

I thought I’d get a jump on testing this since we’re a little slow sometimes. 😊

I’ve spun up a new VM with Centos 6.10 (the latest). I found https://yum.postgresql.org/testing/12/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/repoview/ to get the packages (BTW, that was kind of hard to find). I ended up with:

postgresql12-12beta4-1PGDG.rhel6.x86_64.rpm

postgresql12-contrib-12beta4-1PGDG.rhel6.x86_64.rpm

postgresql12-libs-12beta4-1PGDG.rhel6.x86_64.rpm

postgresql12-plperl-12beta4-1PGDG.rhel6.x86_64.rpm

postgresql12-server-12beta4-1PGDG.rhel6.x86_64.rpm

Then I did an “rpm -ivh *” and found I was missing a few things. I downloaded and installed most of what was missing, but I’ve got 2 dependencies that I can’t resolve.

error: Failed dependencies:

        python2-libs is needed by postgresql12-12beta4-1PGDG.rhel6.x86_64

        openssl-libs >= 1.0.2k is needed by postgresql12-libs-12beta4-1PGDG.rhel6.x86_64

Openssl is at “1.0.1e” from CentOS. So where does this “1.0.2k” come from?

Centos 6.10 has nothing called python2-libs, though I do have:

$ rpm -qa | grep python | grep libs

python-libs-2.6.6-66.el6_8.x86_64

It *feels* like the packager of the PG rpms took a dependency list from RH 7.x and gave it to RH 6.x.

Since this is only a test on my part, I wanted to use the community packages instead of building from source. Am I going to have to build from source at this point in the game until we get to at least the RC’s?

Thanks,

Kevin

This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, review, copy or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify us by reply e-mail, and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading them or saving them to disk. Thank you.

Re: can't install pg 12 beta on centos 6

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 9/23/19 12:04 PM, Kevin Brannen wrote:
> I thought I’d get a jump on testing this since we’re a little slow
> sometimes. 😊
>
> I’ve spun up a new VM with Centos 6.10 (the latest). I found
> https://yum.postgresql.org/testing/12/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/repoview/ to
> get the packages (BTW, that was kind of hard to find). I ended up with:

You might want to take a look at:

https://people.planetpostgresql.org/devrim/index.php?/archives/101-Installing-PostgreSQL-12-betaRC-on-RHELCentOSFedora.html

and change to RH/CentOS 6.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

RE: can't install pg 12 beta on centos 6

От
Kevin Brannen
Дата:
> Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 9/23/19 12:04 PM, Kevin Brannen wrote:
> > I thought I’d get a jump on testing this since we’re a little slow
> > sometimes. ??
> >
> > I’ve spun up a new VM with Centos 6.10 (the latest). I found
> > https://yum.postgresql.org/testing/12/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/repoview/
> > to get the packages (BTW, that was kind of hard to find). I ended up with:
>
> You might want to take a look at:

https://people.planetpostgresql.org/devrim/index.php?/archives/101-Installing-PostgreSQL-12-betaRC-on-RHELCentOSFedora.html

> and change to RH/CentOS 6.

Thanks for the idea; however, that didn't work.

$ sudo yum -y install https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/epel-release-latest-6.noarch.rpm
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, security
Setting up Install Process
epel-release-latest-6.noarch.rpm                                                            |  14 kB     00:00
Examining /var/tmp/yum-root-aZqbqq/epel-release-latest-6.noarch.rpm: epel-release-6-8.noarch
/var/tmp/yum-root-aZqbqq/epel-release-latest-6.noarch.rpm: does not update installed package.
Error: Nothing to do

It looks like they're not ready for Centos 6 yet and I'm not ready for 8.0 -- well, it's not even released until
tomorrowand I'm sure that's a whole 'nother battle. I'll just grab the source and give that a try.

Kevin
This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, may contain confidential
information.If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient,
youare hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, review, copy or use of any of the information contained in or
attachedto this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately
notifyus by reply e-mail, and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading them or saving them
todisk. Thank you.

Re: can't install pg 12 beta on centos 6

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 9/23/19 2:00 PM, Kevin Brannen wrote:
>> Adrian Klaver wrote:
>> On 9/23/19 12:04 PM, Kevin Brannen wrote:
>>> I thought I’d get a jump on testing this since we’re a little slow
>>> sometimes. ??
>>>
>>> I’ve spun up a new VM with Centos 6.10 (the latest). I found
>>> https://yum.postgresql.org/testing/12/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/repoview/
>>> to get the packages (BTW, that was kind of hard to find). I ended up with:
>>
>> You might want to take a look at:

https://people.planetpostgresql.org/devrim/index.php?/archives/101-Installing-PostgreSQL-12-betaRC-on-RHELCentOSFedora.html

>> and change to RH/CentOS 6.
>

> Thanks for the idea; however, that didn't work.

Well the below is just one part of the above.

Did you:

etc/yum.repos.d/pgdg-redhat-all.repo

[pgdg12-updates-testing]

enabled=1

and then:

yum -y install postgresql12-server postgresql12-contrib

 From your original post I gathered that you went here:

https://yum.postgresql.org/testing/12/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/repoview/

and grabbed individual packages. Is that correct?

> $ sudo yum -y install https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/epel-release-latest-6.noarch.rpm
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, security
> Setting up Install Process
> epel-release-latest-6.noarch.rpm                                                            |  14 kB     00:00
> Examining /var/tmp/yum-root-aZqbqq/epel-release-latest-6.noarch.rpm: epel-release-6-8.noarch
> /var/tmp/yum-root-aZqbqq/epel-release-latest-6.noarch.rpm: does not update installed package.
> Error: Nothing to do
>

> It looks like they're not ready for Centos 6 yet and I'm not ready for 8.0 -- well, it's not even released until
tomorrowand I'm sure that's a whole 'nother battle. I'll just grab the source and give that a try.

> Kevin
> This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, may contain
confidentialinformation. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the
intendedrecipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, review, copy or use of any of the
informationcontained in or attached to this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in
error,please immediately notify us by reply e-mail, and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without
readingthem or saving them to disk. Thank you.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

RE: can't install pg 12 beta on centos 6

От
Kevin Brannen
>From: Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>
>On 9/23/19 2:00 PM, Kevin Brannen wrote:
>>> Adrian Klaver wrote:

>Well the below is just one part of the above.
>
>Did you:
>
>etc/yum.repos.d/pgdg-redhat-all.repo
>
>[pgdg12-updates-testing]
>
>enabled=1
>
>and then:
>
>yum -y install postgresql12-server postgresql12-contrib
>
> From your original post I gathered that you went here:
>
>https://yum.postgresql.org/testing/12/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/repoview/
>
>and grabbed individual packages. Is that correct?

Hmm, no, I didn't add the pgdg-redhat-all.repo.

Yes I did grab the RPMs directly as I thought that should have been good enough.
And really, it is as far as the Pg code. The issue is the non-Pg dependencies not
found in the standard Centos.

For the moment, I do have the source and I've compiled it successfully.
That will hold me for now as I change our environment and install scripts
so I can test v12 against our code.

I'll revisit this again when the RC's come out and I'll try your suggestions then.

Thanks for your help, Adrian!