Обсуждение: A user atribute question

A user atribute question

От
stan
Дата:
Just starting to expore setting up roles & useres. I ran this statement:

GRANT CONNECT ON DATABASE stan TO employee;

But yet \du still reports:

 employee        | Cannot login

 What am I doing wrong?

neither liberty nor safety."
                        -- Benjamin Franklin

Re: A user atribute question

От
Rob Sargent

> On Aug 17, 2019, at 9:45 AM, stan <stanb@panix.com> wrote:
>
> Just starting to expore setting up roles & useres. I ran this statement:
>
> GRANT CONNECT ON DATABASE stan TO employee;
>
> But yet \du still reports:
>
> employee        | Cannot login
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> --
> "They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve
> neither liberty nor safety."
>                        -- Benjamin Franklin

Does the role have the login option set?

Re: A user atribute question

Дата:
stan <stanb@panix.com> writes:
> Just starting to expore setting up roles & useres. I ran this statement:
> GRANT CONNECT ON DATABASE stan TO employee;

> But yet \du still reports:
>  employee        | Cannot login
>  What am I doing wrong?

That's not a permissions issue, it's a role-property issue; the
role is marked as not being allowed to be used as a login role.
Probably because you said CREATE ROLE not CREATE USER.

You can fix it with ALTER ROLE ... LOGIN or something along
that line, check the ALTER ROLE page.

            regards, tom lane