Обсуждение: MAKEFLAGS in non-GNU Makefile

MAKEFLAGS in non-GNU Makefile

От
Thomas Munro
Дата:
Hi,

In commit a76200de we added a line to unset MAKELEVEL to fix a problem
with our temp-install logic.  I don't think it was a great idea to
clear MAKEFLAGS at the same time, because now when you type "make -s
-j8" on a non-GNU system it ignores you and is loud and slow.
Admittedly there is something slightly weird about passing flags to
both makes, but in the case of widely understood flags like those
ones, it works fine.

--
Thomas Munro
https://enterprisedb.com

Re: MAKEFLAGS in non-GNU Makefile

Дата:
> In commit a76200de we added a line to unset MAKELEVEL to fix a problem
> with our temp-install logic.  I don't think it was a great idea to
> clear MAKEFLAGS at the same time, because now when you type "make -s
> -j8" on a non-GNU system it ignores you and is loud and slow.

Feel free to undo that.  I was concerned about possible incompatibilities
in the makeflags, but if typical cases like this one seem to work, let's
allow it.

            regards, tom lane