Обсуждение: Quick doc typo fix

Quick doc typo fix

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Issue found while translating the v12 manual. I also fixed something that was missing, as far as I understand it (first fix, the typo is the second fix).

See patch attached.

Thanks.

--
Guillaume.
Вложения

Re: Quick doc typo fix

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 05:05:10PM +0200, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>       <row>
> -      <entry>index access methods</entry>
> +      <entry>table and index access methods</entry>
>       </row>

Perhaps we could just say "relation" here?  That's the term used on
the paragraph describing pg_am.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Quick doc typo fix

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le mar. 28 mai 2019 à 21:28, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> a écrit :
On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 05:05:10PM +0200, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>       <row>
> -      <entry>index access methods</entry>
> +      <entry>table and index access methods</entry>
>       </row>

Perhaps we could just say "relation" here?  That's the term used on
the paragraph describing pg_am.

Hehe, that was the first thing I wrote :) but went with "table and index" as it was also used a bit later in the chapter. Both are fine with me.

--
Guillaume.

Re: Quick doc typo fix

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le mar. 28 mai 2019 à 21:46, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> a écrit :
Le mar. 28 mai 2019 à 21:28, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> a écrit :
On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 05:05:10PM +0200, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>       <row>
> -      <entry>index access methods</entry>
> +      <entry>table and index access methods</entry>
>       </row>

Perhaps we could just say "relation" here?  That's the term used on
the paragraph describing pg_am.

Hehe, that was the first thing I wrote :) but went with "table and index" as it was also used a bit later in the chapter. Both are fine with me.

And here is another one. See patch attached.

--
Guillaume.
Вложения

Re: Quick doc typo fix

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 09:46:48PM +0200, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Hehe, that was the first thing I wrote :) but went with "table and index"
> as it was also used a bit later in the chapter. Both are fine with me.

Okay, done this way.  Thanks for the report.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Quick doc typo fix

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 05:30:33PM +0200, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> And here is another one. See patch attached.

Are you still going through some parts of the documentation?  Perhaps
you may notice something else?  I am wondering if it would be better
to wait a bit more so as we can group all issues you are finding at
once.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Quick doc typo fix

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le mer. 29 mai 2019 19:45, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> a écrit :
On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 05:30:33PM +0200, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> And here is another one. See patch attached.

Are you still going through some parts of the documentation?  Perhaps
you may notice something else?  I am wondering if it would be better
to wait a bit more so as we can group all issues you are finding at
once.

Yeah, I still have quite a lot to process. That might be better to do it all in once.

Re: Quick doc typo fix

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 07:47:12PM +0200, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Yeah, I still have quite a lot to process. That might be better to do it
> all in once.

OK, thanks!  Could you ping me on this thread once you think you are
done?
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Quick doc typo fix

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le mer. 29 mai 2019 19:52, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> a écrit :
On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 07:47:12PM +0200, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Yeah, I still have quite a lot to process. That might be better to do it
> all in once.

OK, thanks!  Could you ping me on this thread once you think you are
done?

Sure.

Re: Quick doc typo fix

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
Hi Guillaume,

On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 08:28:59PM +0200, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Sure.

I have noticed your message on the French list about the completion of
the traduction, and congrats for that, it is a huge amount of work.
Did you find anything else after your last report?
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Quick doc typo fix

От
Julien Rouhaud
Дата:
On Sat, Jun 8, 2019 at 3:33 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> Hi Guillaume,
>
> On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 08:28:59PM +0200, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> > Sure.
>
> I have noticed your message on the French list about the completion of
> the traduction, and congrats for that, it is a huge amount of work.
> Did you find anything else after your last report?

It was the merge of upstream documentation completion in the french
repo, so the actual translation work can now begin.  Probably there
will be more typo finding in the next weeks.

Re: Quick doc typo fix

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le sam. 8 juin 2019 à 15:44, Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> a écrit :
On Sat, Jun 8, 2019 at 3:33 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> Hi Guillaume,
>
> On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 08:28:59PM +0200, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> > Sure.
>
> I have noticed your message on the French list about the completion of
> the traduction, and congrats for that, it is a huge amount of work.
> Did you find anything else after your last report?

I have two more fixes. See attached patch.

It was the merge of upstream documentation completion in the french
repo, so the actual translation work can now begin.  Probably there
will be more typo finding in the next weeks.

Yeah, only the merge is done. We now need to work on the actual translation. But this is way more fun than the merge :)

We might find more typos, but it will take time. Applying this patch now (if it fits you) is probably better.

--
Guillaume.
Вложения

Re: Quick doc typo fix

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Sat, Jun 08, 2019 at 04:23:55PM +0200, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> We might find more typos, but it will take time. Applying this patch now
> (if it fits you) is probably better.

I can imagine that it is a daunting task...  Ok, for now I have
applied what you sent.  Thanks!
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Quick doc typo fix

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le dim. 9 juin 2019 à 04:27, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> a écrit :
On Sat, Jun 08, 2019 at 04:23:55PM +0200, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> We might find more typos, but it will take time. Applying this patch now
> (if it fits you) is probably better.

I can imagine that it is a daunting task...  Ok, for now I have
applied what you sent.  Thanks!

Thank you.

--
Guillaume.