Обсуждение: Add command column to pg_stat_progress_create_index

Add command column to pg_stat_progress_create_index

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
I propose to add a column "command" to pg_stat_progress_create_index.
The sibling view pg_stat_progress_cluster already contains such a
column.  This can help distinguish which command is running and thus
which phases to expect.  It seems reasonable to keep these views
consistent, too.  (They are both new in PG12.)  Patch attached.

Re: Add command column to pg_stat_progress_create_index

От
Andres Freund
Дата:
Hi,

On 2019-05-27 14:18:12 -0400, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> I propose to add a column "command" to pg_stat_progress_create_index.
> The sibling view pg_stat_progress_cluster already contains such a
> column.  This can help distinguish which command is running and thus
> which phases to expect.  It seems reasonable to keep these views
> consistent, too.  (They are both new in PG12.)  Patch attached.

Seems like we should do that for v12 then?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Re: Add command column to pg_stat_progress_create_index

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On 2019-May-27, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> I propose to add a column "command" to pg_stat_progress_create_index.
> The sibling view pg_stat_progress_cluster already contains such a
> column.  This can help distinguish which command is running and thus
> which phases to expect.  It seems reasonable to keep these views
> consistent, too.  (They are both new in PG12.)  Patch attached.

+1.

Re: Add command column to pg_stat_progress_create_index

От
Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Дата:
On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 4:51 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On 2019-May-27, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>
> > I propose to add a column "command" to pg_stat_progress_create_index.
> > The sibling view pg_stat_progress_cluster already contains such a
> > column.  This can help distinguish which command is running and thus
> > which phases to expect.  It seems reasonable to keep these views
> > consistent, too.  (They are both new in PG12.)  Patch attached.
>
> +1.

+1

--
   Fabrízio de Royes Mello         Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/

Re: Add command column to pg_stat_progress_create_index

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 11:20:28AM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2019-05-27 14:18:12 -0400, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> I propose to add a column "command" to pg_stat_progress_create_index.
>> The sibling view pg_stat_progress_cluster already contains such a
>> column.  This can help distinguish which command is running and thus
>> which phases to expect.  It seems reasonable to keep these views
>> consistent, too.  (They are both new in PG12.)  Patch attached.
>
> Seems like we should do that for v12 then?

+1.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Add command column to pg_stat_progress_create_index

От
David Fetter
Дата:
On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 11:20:28AM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2019-05-27 14:18:12 -0400, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > I propose to add a column "command" to pg_stat_progress_create_index.
> > The sibling view pg_stat_progress_cluster already contains such a
> > column.  This can help distinguish which command is running and thus
> > which phases to expect.  It seems reasonable to keep these views
> > consistent, too.  (They are both new in PG12.)  Patch attached.
>
> Seems like we should do that for v12 then?

+1

Best,
David.
Phone: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!

Re: Add command column to pg_stat_progress_create_index

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 2019-05-27 20:18, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> I propose to add a column "command" to pg_stat_progress_create_index.
> The sibling view pg_stat_progress_cluster already contains such a
> column.  This can help distinguish which command is running and thus
> which phases to expect.  It seems reasonable to keep these views
> consistent, too.  (They are both new in PG12.)  Patch attached.

committed