Обсуждение: Fix typos for v12

Fix typos for v12

От
Alexander Lakhin
Дата:
Hello hackers,

I've done another round of cross-checking the master branch for new
unique identifiers/words. As my previous attempt to fix things was not
noticed, now I'm focusing on distinct typos.
1. authenticaion (user-visible string)
2. becuase
3. checkinunique
4. cheep
5. comparion (user-visible)
6. comparision
7. compatiblity
8. continuescanthat
9. current_locked_pid (user-visible)
10. essentally
11. exptected
12. funcation
13. guarantess
14. HEAP_HASOID
15. Interfact
16. minimalslotslot (similar to heapslot)
17. modifcations
18. multiplcation
19. optimised
20. pased
21. perfer
22. relvant
23. represnting
24. ski p
25. unexcpected (user-visible string)

I still hope such fixes are useful and will be accepted.

Best regards,
Alexander

Вложения

Re: Fix typos for v12

От
Amit Kapila
Дата:
On Sat, May 25, 2019 at 3:56 PM Alexander Lakhin <exclusion@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello hackers,
>
> I've done another round of cross-checking the master branch for new
> unique identifiers/words. As my previous attempt to fix things was not
> noticed, now I'm focusing on distinct typos.
> 1. authenticaion (user-visible string)
> 2. becuase
> 3. checkinunique
> 4. cheep
..

> I still hope such fixes are useful and will be accepted.

I think it is good to fix these.  I haven't verified all but I can
review them.  Isn't it better to fix them as one patch instead of
multiple patches?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Re: Fix typos for v12

От
Alexander Lakhin
Дата:
Hello Amit,

25.05.2019 13:42, Amit Kapila wrote:
> I think it is good to fix these.  I haven't verified all but I can
> review them.  Isn't it better to fix them as one patch instead of
> multiple patches?

If a single patch is more convenient, then here it is.
I thought that separate patches would be more handy in case of any doubts.

Best regards,
Alexander

Вложения

Re: Fix typos for v12

От
Amit Kapila
Дата:
On Sat, May 25, 2019 at 4:23 PM Alexander Lakhin <exclusion@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Amit,
>
> 25.05.2019 13:42, Amit Kapila wrote:
> > I think it is good to fix these.  I haven't verified all but I can
> > review them.  Isn't it better to fix them as one patch instead of
> > multiple patches?
>
> If a single patch is more convenient, then here it is.
> I thought that separate patches would be more handy in case of any doubts.

I have taken one pass over it and all fixes seem to be correct and got
introduced in v12.  I will re-verify them once again and then commit
your patch if I don't found any problem.  In the meantime, if anyone
else wants to look at it, that would be great.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Re: Fix typos for v12

Дата:
Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> writes:
> I have taken one pass over it and all fixes seem to be correct and got
> introduced in v12.  I will re-verify them once again and then commit
> your patch if I don't found any problem.  In the meantime, if anyone
> else wants to look at it, that would be great.

FWIW, I'd counsel against applying the changes in imath.h/.c, as that
is not our code, and unnecessary variations from upstream will just
make it harder to track upstream.  The rest of this looks fine.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Fix typos for v12

От
Amit Kapila
Дата:
On Sat, May 25, 2019 at 8:36 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> writes:
> > I have taken one pass over it and all fixes seem to be correct and got
> > introduced in v12.  I will re-verify them once again and then commit
> > your patch if I don't found any problem.  In the meantime, if anyone
> > else wants to look at it, that would be great.
>
> FWIW, I'd counsel against applying the changes in imath.h/.c, as that
> is not our code, and unnecessary variations from upstream will just
> make it harder to track upstream.

This occurred to me as well while reviewing, but I thought typo fixes
should be fine.  Anyway, I have excluded those before pushing.  So, if
we want to fix these, then maybe one has to first get this fixed in
upstream first and then take from there.

>  The rest of this looks fine.

Thanks, pushed.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Re: Fix typos for v12

От
Alexander Lakhin
Дата:
26.05.2019 16:49, Amit Kapila wrote:
> This occurred to me as well while reviewing, but I thought typo fixes
> should be fine.  Anyway, I have excluded those before pushing.  So, if
> we want to fix these, then maybe one has to first get this fixed in
> upstream first and then take from there.
>
>>  The rest of this looks fine.
>>
> Thanks, pushed.
Thank you Amit!
I've filed a Pull Request in the imath project:
https://github.com/creachadair/imath/pull/39

Best regards,
Alexander

Re: Fix typos for v12

От
David Fetter
Дата:
On Sun, May 26, 2019 at 06:43:41PM +0300, Alexander Lakhin wrote:
> 26.05.2019 16:49, Amit Kapila wrote:
> > This occurred to me as well while reviewing, but I thought typo fixes
> > should be fine.  Anyway, I have excluded those before pushing.  So, if
> > we want to fix these, then maybe one has to first get this fixed in
> > upstream first and then take from there.
> >
> >>  The rest of this looks fine.
> >>
> > Thanks, pushed.
> Thank you Amit!
> I've filed a Pull Request in the imath project:
> https://github.com/creachadair/imath/pull/39

I noticed that it's gone from upstream.  I also noticed that upstream
did a release in January since the previous pull. Is it worth trying
to merge those in as they arrive?

Best,
David.
Phone: +1 415 235 3778