Обсуждение: annoying links

annoying links

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
It's quite annoying to click on the links like
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/9f88b5e0-6da2-5227-20d0-0d7012beaa1c(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp/
and found "NOT FOUND" page.

It happens on page
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/E1gmyrS-0002as-QA@gemulon.postgresql.org

Oleg
The Russian Postgres Company

Re: annoying links

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 2:59 PM Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
It's quite annoying to click on the links like
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/9f88b5e0-6da2-5227-20d0-0d7012beaa1c(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp/
and found "NOT FOUND" page.

It happens on page
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/E1gmyrS-0002as-QA@gemulon.postgresql.org

Hmm. That is indeed quite annoying.

Do you know offhand if this is something that happend recently (in relation to a change we made somewhere), or if it has been that way "all the time"? I can't find anything obvious that changed it, but maybe something came along with a django upgrade or something like that. Or if it's been around since forever, that'd be good to know in the process of figuring out how to fix it :)

--

Re: annoying links

Дата:
> On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 2:59 PM Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@postgrespro.ru>
> wrote:
>> It's quite annoying to click on the links like
>> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/9f88b5e0-6da2-5227-20d0-0d7012beaa1c(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp/
>> and found "NOT FOUND" page.

> Hmm. That is indeed quite annoying.

> Do you know offhand if this is something that happend recently (in relation
> to a change we made somewhere), or if it has been that way "all the time"?

A lot of the archives' links have been like that for a long time.
Some don't get the let's-obscure-this-email-address treatment,
but I have no idea what the difference is.

            regards, tom lane

Re: annoying links

От
Magnus Hagander

On Sun, Apr 7, 2019 at 4:34 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 2:59 PM Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@postgrespro.ru>
> wrote:
>> It's quite annoying to click on the links like
>> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/9f88b5e0-6da2-5227-20d0-0d7012beaa1c(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp/
>> and found "NOT FOUND" page.

> Hmm. That is indeed quite annoying.

> Do you know offhand if this is something that happend recently (in relation
> to a change we made somewhere), or if it has been that way "all the time"?

A lot of the archives' links have been like that for a long time.
Some don't get the let's-obscure-this-email-address treatment,
but I have no idea what the difference is.

That's interesting. Do you have an example of one that doesn't get broken?

--

Re: annoying links

Дата:
> On Sun, Apr 7, 2019 at 4:34 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> A lot of the archives' links have been like that for a long time.
>> Some don't get the let's-obscure-this-email-address treatment,
>> but I have no idea what the difference is.

> That's interesting. Do you have an example of one that doesn't get broken?

Ones where @ has been converted to %40 seem to work fine,
as for example in

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20190331224233.GC891537%40rfd.leadboat.com

but I've also seen it work when that wasn't done, as for example
the second message-id link in

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/271bc1a7-2b59-e3f3-56b7-c8bc5456424a%402ndquadrant.com

So no, I don't know why some of the ones where the final component
does look like it could be an email address get the obscuring
treatment.

            regards, tom lane