Обсуждение: Objects without schema

Objects without schema

От
PG Doc comments form
Дата:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/ddl-schemas.html

In the last section of the document it says 'If you need to work with those
systems, then maximum portability would be achieved by not using schemas at
all.'.
But how do we achieve this? If I am not mistaken, all objects(like tables)
created in the database need to be created under one schema.

Thanks,
Joby

Re: Objects without schema

От
Ian Barwick
On 11/30/2018 02:27 AM, PG Doc comments form wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/ddl-schemas.html
>
> In the last section of the document it says 'If you need to work with those
> systems, then maximum portability would be achieved by not using schemas at
> all.'.
> But how do we achieve this? If I am not mistaken, all objects(like tables)
> created in the database need to be created under one schema.

Correct, in that every object has to have a schema, by default the "public"
schema.

I suspect what this is trying to say is that you should keep all objects under
one schema, and not explicitly reference that schema; that way queries and DDL
would be more portable.

Regards

Ian Barwick

--