Обсуждение:

Pierre Ochsenbein
Дата:
Hey guy's,

What is your best recommendation for a PostgreSQL HA with two nodes if I use pgpool-II.
Warm standby or read only with streaming replication?

Thanks

Re:

От
Fabio Pardi
Дата:
Hi Pierre,

in my opinion it depends a bit from your setup, the workload and your goal.

Since streaming replication offers near-realtime data view, you might go
for that and offload your master too.

Also consider that there are more options, like pg_logical, which is
quite cool.

regards,

fabio pardi

On 11/2/18 4:56 PM, Pierre Ochsenbein wrote:
> Hey guy's,
>
> What is your best recommendation for a PostgreSQL HA with two nodes if I
> use pgpool-II.
> Warm standby or read only with streaming replication?
>
> Thanks

Re:

От
Rui DeSousa

> Also consider that there are more options, like pg_logical, which is
> quite cool.

I wouldn’t use pg_logical for HA; it should be an exact replica which pg_logical is not.

Re:

От
Shreeyansh Dba