Обсуждение: Does postgreSQL community edition supports data distribution acrossnodes

Does postgreSQL community edition supports data distribution acrossnodes

От
deepikags
Дата:
Hi,

Does postgreSQL community edition supports data distribution across
nodes(distributed architecture) or do we need to buy licence for the same ?

Regards,
Deepika

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-general-f1843780.html

Re: Does postgreSQL community edition supports data distributionacross nodes

От
Fabio Pardi
Дата:
Hi,

I think you are looking for:

https://www.postgres-xl.org/

regards,

fabio pardi

Does postgreSQL community edition supports data distribution across
nodes(distributed architecture) or do we need to buy licence for the same ?

Regards,
Deepika

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-general-f1843780.html

Re: Does postgreSQL community edition supports data distributionacross nodes

От
James Keener

Does postgreSQL community edition supports data distribution across
nodes(distributed architecture) or do we need to buy licence for the same ?

Regards,
Deepika

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-general-f1843780.html

COPY from a remote machine in Datastage

От
Ravi Krishna
Дата:
We are doing a POC of using Datastage with PG using ODBC.

Problem to solve:  How to load a large CSV file using COPY command.  The file is on the client machine.

A typical SQL syntax of a copy coming from a remote machine  COPY TABLE FROM STDIN WITH CSV HEADER

Question is, how to make the contents of the file available as STDIN in a SQL.  It is easy in a shell.

Re: COPY from a remote machine in Datastage

От
Josef Šimánek
Дата:
Hello, if you need to use COPY command from remote machine and you use some libpq bindings (aka ruby pg gem for example), you can use functions associated with COPY command (https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/libpq-copy.html). They should be provided by bindings of postgres library you're using.

If you can share more info, at least how do you access postgres (via Ruby gem for example or from client's console), I can try to be more descriptive.

Josef

[...]

We not writing any Ruby/Python code.  We are using Datastage. Datastage has in built features for most of the stuff. For example to bulk load data from csv files
into Oracle/DB2 etc, it has a BULK loader feature. However DS has no support for PG directly and we are piggy backing on ODBC where there is no BULK loader.

The only recourse for us is to type in SQL as DS allows user code.

Re: COPY from a remote machine in Datastage

От
Josef Šimánek
Дата:
Can you copy your csv to postgres server?

[...]

Ron
Дата:
Hello, if you need to use COPY command from remote machine and you use some libpq bindings (aka ruby pg gem for example), you can use functions associated with COPY command (https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/libpq-copy.html). They should be provided by bindings of postgres library you're using.

If you can share more info, at least how do you access postgres (via Ruby gem for example or from client's console), I can try to be more descriptive.

We not writing any Ruby/Python code.  We are using Datastage. Datastage has in built features for most of the stuff. For example to bulk load data from csv files
into Oracle/DB2 etc, it has a BULK loader feature. However DS has no support for PG directly and we are piggy backing on ODBC where there is no BULK loader.

The only recourse for us is to type in SQL as DS allows user code.

Can you install the postgres client software (psql) on the client machine and then have Datastage spawn "psql -c 'COPY ...'"?

Re: COPY from a remote machine in Datastage

От
Ravi Krishna

> Can you install the postgres client software (psql) on the client machine and then have Datastage spawn "psql -c
'COPY...'"?

That is already an option for us :-)

Re: COPY from a remote machine in Datastage

От
Edmundo Robles
Дата:
if you have ssh access to the client, you can do :
ssh  user@client_host "cat  /path_to/large_file.csv" | psql  -d database ....