Обсуждение: [GENERAL] optimising the pl/pgsql function

[GENERAL] optimising the pl/pgsql function

От
VENKTESH GUTTEDAR
Дата:
Hello,

    We are running a pretty big plsql function, we are fetching data from some tables based on certain conditions. And using that data in a for loop within the function.
the problem we are facing is when the no of records are more the function ction is taking too much time, is there a solution to this problem? Can we replace the for loop with something else?

Re: [GENERAL] optimising the pl/pgsql function

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата:
Can we replace the for loop with something else?

A query probably - depending on what the function does and, in particular, whether dynamic SQL is required.

David J.