Обсуждение: pg_stat_reset influence the plan chosen ?

pg_stat_reset influence the plan chosen ?

От
Mariel Cherkassky
Дата:
Hi,
Does before choosing a plan postgres looks on the pg_stat_all_tables table ? I usually use the select pg_stat_reset() before I run some operation in order to understand on what tables those operations work and what exactly they do. I wanted to understand if by reseting the statistics I influence the plan postgres will use.

Thanks , Mariel.

Re: pg_stat_reset influence the plan chosen ?

От
legrand legrand
Дата:
Hi,

Plans are calculated using pg_settings and pg_stats / pg_statistic,
Pg_stat_rest() does not have any impact on them.
There is no "dynamic" planning features yet.

Regards
PAscal

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-admin-f2076596.html