Обсуждение: Unused argument from execute_sql_string()

Unused argument from execute_sql_string()

От
Yugo Nagata
Дата:
Hi,

I found that a argument "filename" is not used in execute_sql_string()
although the comment says "filename is used only to report errors.",
so I think we can remove this argument as done in the patch I attached.

Yugo Nagata <nagata@sraoss.co.jp>

Вложения

Re: Unused argument from execute_sql_string()

От
Tatsuo Ishii
Дата:
> Hi,
>
> I found that a argument "filename" is not used in execute_sql_string()
> although the comment says "filename is used only to report errors.",
> so I think we can remove this argument as done in the patch I attached.

It seems the "filename" argument has been there since the first
version of extension.c was committed. I don't know why it has been
left unused. Maybe someone thought someday he generates more fancy
error reports using it?

Anyway, considering it's a static function, chance of breaking
backward compatibility is minimum, I think.

So +1 to remove the unused argument.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

Re: Unused argument from execute_sql_string()

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 03:47:26PM +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> Anyway, considering it's a static function, chance of breaking
> backward compatibility is minimum, I think.
>
> So +1 to remove the unused argument.

Same opinion and arguments here, so I have committed the patch.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Unused argument from execute_sql_string()

От
Yugo Nagata
Дата:
On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 17:03:28 +0900
Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 03:47:26PM +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> > Anyway, considering it's a static function, chance of breaking
> > backward compatibility is minimum, I think.
> >
> > So +1 to remove the unused argument.
>
> Same opinion and arguments here, so I have committed the patch.

Thanks!

--
Yugo Nagata <nagata@sraoss.co.jp>