Обсуждение: Speccing a remote backup server

Speccing a remote backup server

От
Ron
Дата:
Hi,

v9.6 backing up v8.4

Where does the gzip run (where the database lives, or the remote server
where the pg_dump runs from)?  I ask this because I need to know how beefy
to make the backup server.  (It'll just store backups for a version upgrade.)

Re: Speccing a remote backup server

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 07/24/2018 09:10 AM, Ron wrote:
> Hi,
>
> v9.6 backing up v8.4
>
> Where does the gzip run (where the database lives, or the remote server
> where the pg_dump runs from)?  I ask this because I need to know how
> beefy to make the backup server.  (It'll just store backups for a
> version upgrade.)

pg_dump is a client to the server, so wherever pg_dump runs.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com