Обсуждение: libpq example doesn't work

libpq example doesn't work

От
"Ideriha, Takeshi"
Дата:
Hi,

When I tried to use libpq, I found that libpq example[1] does not work.
That's because SELECT pg_catlog.set_config() never returns PGRES_COMMAND_OK which is expected,
but actually returns PGRES_TUPLES_OK.

Patch attached.
I changed both src/test/example and document.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/libpq-example.html

(By the way, I'm wondering why these examples are placed under src/test.
 They are just examples and not regression tests.)

Best regards,
Takeshi Ideriha

Вложения

Re: libpq example doesn't work

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 27.06.18 08:29, Ideriha, Takeshi wrote:
> When I tried to use libpq, I found that libpq example[1] does not work.
> That's because SELECT pg_catlog.set_config() never returns PGRES_COMMAND_OK which is expected,
> but actually returns PGRES_TUPLES_OK.

Fixed.  There were additional similar cases that I fixed also.

RE: libpq example doesn't work

От
"Ideriha, Takeshi"

Thank you for the commit. I totally missed the large object examples.

Regards,
Takeshi Ideriha